Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #1

2011 Flagstaff 26RLSS Air Matress

We just purchased a 2011 Flagstaff 26RLSS, and was told that the sofa makes into a bed with a air mattress. Wondering how it sets up. It came with a couple Slide locks, but no air mattress. I will buy the mattress but wonder what the setup looks like. Longways, Length ways? Where do slide locks go? that sort of thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV02.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	131991  
ShawneeOkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
Professional Curmudgeon

Can't help with the air mattress, but if you look right above your slide you'll see one or two labels on the wall that say "Place slide lock here".
When you bring the slide in, prior to travel, you place the slide locks on top of the slide between the edge of the slide itself and the wall where the labels are. Adjust for a snug fit. This is intended to keep the slide from falling out while travelling down the road. I suggest getting a really long bright yellow tape to hang off the lock so you easily see it and remember to remove the lock before attempting to extend the slide.
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawneeOkie View Post
We just purchased a 2011 Flagstaff 26RLSS, and was told that the sofa makes into a bed with a air mattress. Wondering how it sets up. It came with a couple Slide locks, but no air mattress. I will buy the mattress but wonder what the setup looks like. Longways, Length ways? Where do slide locks go? that sort of thing.
We have that mattress,if yours is missing it is very $$ to replace with OE,as it has the Air pump 110Volt built in also! Original also had a Batt powered pump that came also! If our Air Matt ever dies we will replace it with a Air Matt by Coleman sold at WalMart! Youroo!!
Old 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #4

I was looking through a couple of threads on this last week and Im pretty sure that it ended that the company that made them originally was aquired by Intex. Intex sells a similar mattress at Wal-Mart stores. I saw it at our local store (in the bedding/housewares area) and I think it was around $35 or so.. so not real bad. I too am curious to know how it is supposed to work. There are lots of metal bars, unsupported areas, and some type of retention mechanism built into that sofa. Im curious to know what it is supposed to look like when its all in there.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We have that mattress,if yours is missing it is very $$ to replace with OE,as it has the Air pump 110Volt built in also! Original also had a Batt powered pump that came also! If our Air Matt ever dies we will replace it with a Air Matt by Coleman sold at WalMart! Youroo!!

Could you send a picture of what that looks like installed? Can you leave it on the bed, deflate it and close up the couch? Will it survive doing that?
Old 03-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #6

My living room is very similar to yours with the HAB sofa. Ours actually had the mattress instead of the air mattress and also very uncomfortable. Intex makes queen size inflatable that fit perfect and is about 10" thick with built in 110v inflator/deflator. IMHO its the hot ticket and didn't cost much. I think the DW got it at Aldi for $30. I've seen them other places for as much as $79, same brand, there's different thicknesses available. Once deflated it's compact enough to fit under one of the dinette benches. It has kind of a fuzzy surface so the sheets don't slide off. Do a Google on Intex Queen airbed w/ pump
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #7

Thanks on Slide locks

Thanks I had no clue about slide locks to lock slide out. LOL. I guess they butt up against the facing inside edge on the thick part. I thought they had something to do with bed. Noting in manual about their use. I will use them.
Also found the bed does unfold from backside. Still working on that.
Thanks folks.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
WFD

The original air mattresses that came with these Rockwood/Flagstaff trailers were not the greatest quality. Many people had trouble with them, some immediately, some after a couple years. Ours gave in late in the 3rd season. We purchased an Intek one from Walmart, was around the $40 range. It's got the electric motor to inflate and deflate, in my opinion is a much better air mattress than the original we had. Folds up nicely and can stay within the folding sofa just like the original one. Just be careful what you buy. Some are designed to be right on the floor and are quite high, would be too high to have on the sofa. Some in the forum here have said they prefer those and set them up on the floor as opposed to the sofa...your choice. The one we bought is about 9-10 inches thick and sits nicely on the sofa when its opened up.
Now Rockwood/Flagstaff has gone away from the air mattresses and has a cushion mattress...seems a little thin and uncomfortable to me...it's whats in our 2016, and we will keep using the air mattress instead.
If you live in a cold northern climate, our dealer told us to not leave it in the frozen trailer over winter, so we bring it in the house for the winter along with all our other linens.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #9

Heres your sign er Bed

Ok, the sofa does fold down and makes a bed. The air mattress is in the seat of the sofa and available when opened up. Thanks for the help in finding it. They new dealer I bought it from was not aware of this feature, so I don't feel to bad. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVbed.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	132496  
Old 03-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawneeOkie View Post
Ok, the sofa does fold down and makes a bed. The air mattress is in the seat of the sofa and available when opened up. Thanks for the help in finding it. They new dealer I bought it from was not aware of this feature, so I don't feel to bad. Thanks
Thank you for sharing[emoji1]
Old 03-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #11
WFD

Not much of a dealer if they didn't know that...pretty common place in RV's...just remember to bring that air mattress inside for the winter if it's stored in a cold climate.....and also give it a good test...many leak after a couple years...easily replaced with one from Walmart.

Tags
2011, 26rlss, flagstaff