Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #41

We have not had any issues with the steps but I will keep an eye on them. I was considering greasing them till I read this post. My wife has trouble putting them up and down.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHugens View Post
We are towing our 2012 8528 RKWS back to California from Walcott Iowa as Iam typing! Tows great! We have the new F150 Eco boost. Tows great! I would recommend the Reese Sidewinder with air cusion and consider adding Firestone air springs to level the load.
We still have not received ours yet. I am hoping that we will get it before the snow fly.

I am interested in your F150, did you get it with the heavy towing package, 17000 lbs GVWR ? Have you had a chance to do any fuel consumption calculations?

Ps. Did you drive to Iowa. Just for the trip? We may be driving to Indiana to pick up ours if the dealer makes it worthwhile.

Have a safe trip home and thanks for the info.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
We still have not received ours yet. I am hoping that we will get it before the snow fly.

I am interested in your F150, did you get it with the heavy towing package, 17000 lbs GVWR ? Have you had a chance to do any fuel consumption calculations?

Ps. Did you drive to Iowa. Just for the trip? We may be driving to Indiana to pick up ours if the dealer makes it worthwhile.

Have a safe trip home and thanks for the info.
Rabbit,
Go to this thread and scroll back a few pages. We drove to Iowa with the truck empty and towed the new RV home. 4000 miles in 4 days! I have reported the truck and milage on this thread. Good Luck!
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t-12387-9.html
TheHugens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #44

We have a 2011 Flagstaff 8528 RKWS. Bought in Dec 2010 and only had it out once so far. Ours has the wardrobe slide and one large LR/DR slide. We choose it because of the wardrobe space, pantry and the Kitch counter space (seemed like more than most others). The only thing I didn't notice is that it has no generator, so it appears you must have an electric shore line to run the A/C. If you buy it. make sure they show you where the water filter and water heater bypass are (we had to hunt for them... bottom cabinet behind false back). Also, had to have our landing gear motor replaced on warrranty... think there are some issues with some. Have the dealer check the S/N before you close the deal.
2011 Flagstaff 8528RKWS 5th
FreeWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #45

"The only thing I didn't notice is that it has no generator"
====================================
You're not going to find too many lightweight 28-foot campers that have a generator. Heck, you're not going to find too many fifth wheels at all that come with a generator.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #46

8528 rkws

Quote:
Rabbit,
Go to this thread and scroll back a few pages. We drove to Iowa with the truck empty and towed the new RV home. 4000 miles in 4 days! I have reported the truck and milage on this thread. Good Luck!
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t-12387-9.html
Thanks for the reply, as you may know in Canada we have the metric system of weights and measures. A imperial gallon which is 20 percent larger than the US gallon is 4.5 liters.
A rough calculation based on your average Ecobost of 10 mpg would work out to about 12 mp imperial gallon or 23.5 liters per 100 Km.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #47

Hello campers. We have a light switch under the upper cupboards over the recliners that does nothing. I have switched all lights on and than opened and closed the switch and nothing changed.........? Anyone know what it controls?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #48

Hello Ruebenray,
I purchased the 5th Airborne and a standard CHEAP Reese 15k hitch. The two work excellent and the money saved on not buying a slider help offset the sidewinder hitch. I never worry about forgetting to slide. I have the new F150 4x4 super crew short bed {5' 7" Short} we just bought the 8528RKWS and love it. It rides and tows great. Get the firestone air bags, they are Excellent and make a huge difference in the ride.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #49

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Your light switch under the cabinet ??

If it is white (usually is), it should control the ceiling fan (if you have one). Try turning the switch on and the ceiling fan at the same time, also the light in the fan.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hello campers. We have a light switch under the upper cupboards over the recliners that does nothing. I have switched all lights on and than opened and closed the switch and nothing changed.........? Anyone know what it controls?

If you're referring to the small 12V switch (the same as the bathroom switches), it controls a ceiling light...the second one from the back of the camper.

If you're referring to the 110V Decor II-style switch under the cabinets by the sink, it controls the ceiling fan/light.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #51

Hi Folks
We struggled with that switch also, along with the overhead, fan switch. The problem being the light that the switch controlled was turned off making it difficult to find. When we were looking at the 2012 Flagstaff's I was realy pleased that they had put all of the controls for the pump, water heater etcetera on a nicely finished control station. I do have one beef with this arrangement, when it is dark apart from the water pump and heater you cannot see what switches control what. I am going to install a spring return rocker switch in the spare slot and also install a small lamp so you can see what you are doing.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #52

Panel Light

Yo Rabbit... I might be interested in your project. Keep track of where you procured your parts and any install details you think are significant. Thanks!
2011 Flagstaff 8528RKWS 5th
FreeWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, 8528