Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

2011 new converter & battery still have converter cycling every few seconds

We bought a new 2011 Flagstaff 26rls the end of February and used it two times. Something in the living area kept cycling on and off every few seconds and it would run you bananas! The jacks wouldn't work unless we had shore power connection. It was taken in, kept for three weeks where they replaced the converter, 40 amp circuit breaker and the battery. The converter had trashed the battery. The converter is still cycling on every few seconds just like before.

Afraid we've had several problems with the TT as the hot water heater had trash in it which traveled through the water lines and stopped them up. Terrible chemical smell and odor. Speakers wired wrong, bubble on tire, and antenna misaligned. Are this many troubles the norm? Thanks!!

Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #2

What you are hearing is the two fans behind the fridge short cycling.The sensor for the fans is in the wrong position.Mine does the same thing Dometic will authorize a service center to correct it under factory warrenty.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #3

Bits of plastic shavings in the water lines is a pretty common occurance; USUALLY just removing the screen at the faucet end and cleaning that fixes it. Speakers wired wrong- welcome to the Concertone gripe forum! And, bubble on tire is a tire manufacturer's defect- not F.R.'s. Antenna misaligned- first time I've heard of that one; dealer can fix it under warranty, and chemical smell/odor....black tank sanitation issue, or construction material smell- (example formaldehide)???? If that- open up the windows and let the "new smell" wear off for a few nice days- it really helps. If it is the tank, there are several brands of chemical deodorizers- you'll have to choose what smells good to you.
Unfortunately, these and virtually ALL campers are assembled and built with many different manufacturer's appliances, and although they are pretty good generally, sometimes they need adjustments and/or repairing. This forum will help you with much of those things. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking that View Post
We bought a new 2011 Flagstaff 26rls the end of February and used it two times. Something in the living area kept cycling on and off every few seconds and it would run you bananas! The jacks wouldn't work unless we had shore power connection. It was taken in, kept for three weeks where they replaced the converter, 40 amp circuit breaker and the battery. The converter had trashed the battery. The converter is still cycling on every few seconds just like before.

Afraid we've had several problems with the TT as the hot water heater had trash in it which traveled through the water lines and stopped them up. Terrible chemical smell and odor. Speakers wired wrong, bubble on tire, and antenna misaligned. Are this many troubles the norm? Thanks!!

We have a 26RLS and have not had an issue with anything, and it will be one year next week! Have not ever needed to return to the dealer for anything. I would not blame Concertone for the speaker wiring, that is FR. The antenna misalignment, could you give more info on that? I am trying to figure that out. If it was actually installed incorrectly, then again FR (I'm willing to bet it was the same installer, having a bad day or should be out looking for a new job). Glad he didn't build ours.

Hope you are able to get everything worked out and get to enjoy your 26RLS as much as we enjoy ours!
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #5

The continuous cycling is because of the sensors on the refer like MattMcK said. We bought the same TT 26RLS in June, and noticed the noise the first time out. They moved the sensors and the noise stopped, but on the second trip out we noticed it wasn't getting as cold (we used thermometer the first time to learn temps). Then read about the temperature gauge. Will be taking TT out again soon, so hope that we can get the refer cold again.

Let me ask you, how are your rocker recliners? Do you feel they lean back too far? Or is it just ours? Our necks get tired after sitting in them awhile. Main reason we got this floorplan is for the nice chairs.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #6

Frig cycling and rockers

Thank you so much for your reply. After the camper being at the dealership for 9 weeks total this summer they finally listened to me. I had to take a recording of the sound coming from the back of the freezer to the manager. Fans have been added to frigs from Dometic and the dealer didn't know it. I relayed the posting about the sensors and was told I didn't have a fan! Correct--it was the sensor. I became a pest but this problem isn't trivial. We're camping the next two weeks for the first time since the final repair and we'll check the frig temp out. Thankfully, the constant cycling every 4 seconds is gone!!

I've noticed we can't recline too far back in the rockers or we'll hit the wall. We try to be careful but they sit really well. Love the air mattress because it sleeps really well. Have a wonderful time camping and hope both our frigs operate like they're supposed to!

Tags
battery