Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: How has your experience been?
Great 11 73.33%
OK 3 20.00%
bad 0 0%
REALLY BAD 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 PM   #1

2014 Flagstaff Diamond Pkg.... Purchase??

My wife and I are currently looking at a 2014 FR Flagstaff Diamond Package 28.5' fifth wheel trailer at a local dealership. The price is very reasonable and we are seriously considering buying this trailer. Is there anyone out there that has this model and are you content with it>>>> I noticed that the axles are bent up in the center, is that normal?

Please let me know how your experience has been with this model/year??

THANKS...And happy camping!!
flagstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #2

There are a few things that can help you with your search for info.
Flagstaff and Rockwood trailers are made on the same assembly line. The only difference is badging and interior fabric choices.
The diamond package is available on many different trailers. There will be a model # on the one you are looking at that you will need to get info on that specific trailer.
My Wife andI had a flagstaff 23lb micro lite that we really liked. When we were ready to upgrade, we knew that we wanted a Flagstaff or a Rockwood.
We now have a Rockwood 2604ws with the diamond package. It has met up with our expectations and we really like the features.
I would not hesitate to buy another Flagstaff or Rockwood!

If you have the model #, post it on here and I am sure you will have others chime in with that model. Rockwoods and Flagstaffs are very popular.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #3

We just purchased a Flagstaff 831BHDS with the Diamond package and are very impressed. We've only taken 1 trip (5 nights) in it, but its our 4th TT and we have been camping for a long time and I feel we know what we're looking for.
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
There are a few things that can help you with your search for info.
Flagstaff and Rockwood trailers are made on the same assembly line. The only difference is badging and interior fabric choices.
The diamond package is available on many different trailers. There will be a model # on the one you are looking at that you will need to get info on that specific trailer.
My Wife andI had a flagstaff 23lb micro lite that we really liked. When we were ready to upgrade, we knew that we wanted a Flagstaff or a Rockwood.
We now have a Rockwood 2604ws with the diamond package. It has met up with our expectations and we really like the features.
I would not hesitate to buy another Flagstaff or Rockwood!

If you have the model #, post it on here and I am sure you will have others chime in with that model. Rockwoods and Flagstaffs are very popular.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
here is ours we love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433905383519.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	79547  
ernestmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:31 AM   #5

Very nice! Good luck - Ours looks just like yours we recently bought our first RV - new to camping/RV'ing - is a Flagstaff 832ikbs Classic Lite Diamond Package. We have our first week scheduled for PA in July & Myrtle Beach in Aug can't wait.
antandjoettrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #6

IMO...crazy not get it.....we use Champion 4k so will run a/c....we did not want heated bed .... all other items are great.....tires lasted 2 yrs 9 mo before cracking so keep eye on those.....and stay within weight and speed restrictions.....fill bearings with proper grease amount ..... FR took care of any issues......have had unit 3 yrs.....good luck

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:55 AM   #7

Have a RW Windjammer 2809W Diamond & love it. Like the extras that came with package. Got a tremendous deal. Had a Flagstaff before & loved it, just wanted something with more room. Good service from our dealer & Forest River. Have hd a few small issues, but were handled very well from both. Would definitely buy another FS or RW.
Good Luck
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:47 AM   #8

We also have a '15 WindJammer 2809W with the Diamond pkg. and we love it. Enjoy!

2012 Ram 1500 5.7L 3.92

2015 2809 WindJammer
ov845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #9

It's an emerald pkg on our 2016 Flagstaff 27VRL. Same thing and we're good with it

jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, flagstaff