Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #1

2014 V-Lite 30WKFSS Bounce once set-up

I have just purchased a 2014 V-Lite 30WKFSS and we are on our first trip. We have the unit set-up, leveled, slides out, and stablizers down. What we notice is that when walking in the unit we notice a lot of bounce. I have noticed other units that are of similar length use additional staflizer jacks placed on the unit frame just in front of the wheels and behind the wheels. Does anyone know that is this will help eliminate the bounce? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Dennis
dstriker98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstriker98 View Post
I have just purchased a 2014 V-Lite 30WKFSS and we are on our first trip. We have the unit set-up, leveled, slides out, and stablizers down. What we notice is that when walking in the unit we notice a lot of bounce. I have noticed other units that are of similar length use additional staflizer jacks placed on the unit frame just in front of the wheels and behind the wheels. Does anyone know that is this will help eliminate the bounce? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Dennis
Yes,place the jacks for additional support. Don't (Jack Up)the frame,just support it. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #3

30wkfss

We have experienced the same. Im using wheel locks and a thin pad under the stabilizers to extend them as much as possible. This helped but in the end we bought scissor jacks. Be careful where you place them and heed Youroo's warning to support only, dont try to level. Otherwise we love the rig.
ecturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Always Learning

Here's another thread that is currently ongoing with the exact same topic:
8289WS Fifth Wheel shaking - Forest River Forums

Good stuff in it.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #5

Also on your V-Lite place a support on your steps. I used a mounted car jack on both of ours,adjustable from (1in-17in).Standing on the 3rd step while entering there is a LOT of leverage to (Rock the Boat)! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4112.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	42320   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4113.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	42321   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4114.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	42322   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4115.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	42323  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstriker98 View Post

Thanks
Dennis

I too had the bounce. I use Xchocks between the wheels, try not to extend the stabilizers anymore than needed(put 4x6 under the pads), a jack support under the steps, and most importantly, installed scissor jacks in front of the front tires(on both sides). Others have gone so far as to use strong arm stabilizers between the jacks to eliminate additional bounce and shimmy. Search this forum and you will find what you're looking for. Enjoy your Vlite and remember that it is a trailer on wheels, it's not going to be as steady as your house.
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Site Team

dstriker, you don't mention tandem wheel chocks. if you don't have them, this is the first step in solving your problem.
Rotochoks are the best but the most expensive.

i made my own out of 4x4 wood and threaded rod.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #8

I added 2 scizzor jacks on the frame infront of the wheels, had smaller shake in our old trailer and a jack under axle worked on it. Had to stager them because of the tank drain, the closer to the axle the better. It's a long rig and the more support the better.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
v-lite