Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #1

2015 flagstaff 8528ikws slide leaking

My dining room slide leaks water when closed, once opened the carpet strip which is attached to the floor inside is wet at the rear. Also the wall paper above the slide is getting bubbles along the length of the slide. Has anyone had this problem with theirs.
Regards
Steve
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #2

Have you discovered the problem? Do you have slide toppers? If you haven't remedied the problem and you do have a slide topper I would look at the roof edge above the slide out. The slide topper should prevent a leak at the upper seal on the slide. My brother had the same issue with a TT he owned and I traced the leak to a joint in the molding/trim that held the edge of the rubber roof down. There was a joint in the molding right above the bubbles on the side wall above the slide out. The joint wasn't sealed properly allowing water intrusion and it went right down inside the wall and also in the ceiling above the slide. We sealed the seam with dicor and it fixed the leak. I would check the seal where the slide topper joins the side of the rv above the slide too. (if you have topper)
I hope you've cured your problem.

2013 F150 Super Cab 4x4, 3.5L ecoboost , 7700lb suspension package. 11,300 towing capacity and Max Tow package
2015 Flagstaff 8528IKWS Diamond
aquaholic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:26 AM   #3

I have a 2015 831ress with the same thing going on. My unit gets wet at the point where the slide comes in at the carpet area end of the slide. I notice it only when traveling (in Motion) during rain. I have looked at it extensively and came up with what I think is happening. The slide end where the leak is occurring is at the front edge drivers side of the long slide. When it is closed the slide edge is very close to the front trailer wheel I think what happens is that the wheel picks up the water off the road and creats aq constat spray directed up towards the seal area at the bottom joint and the water is getting past the slide seals at the bottom the water then travels along the bottom of the slide and collects on the carpet at the end of the slide.
At this point I have looked at it and cannot come up with a fix other than fasioning some type of inner fende at that joint area.
flag me down is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8528, flagstaff, leak, slide