Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 09:00 PM   #1

2015 Flagstaff 8528RLIKWS TV Wiring?

Hey looking for some insight. I'm looking at the aforementioned camper and have a TV wiring question. I see a Sat. in from the outside but can't tell where Sat. receiver would go out to? I pulled out the TV and there is a HDMI cable going from back of TV into the wall and I have no idea where that ends up? I know this has probably been covered before but my search didn't find any answers. Also, any thoughts from any owners of the 8528RLIKWS would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help and info so we can make an informed decision on buying this beautiful fifth-wheel.
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #2

I don't have your model but I have two jacks by my water hook up. One is split and goes to all the cable jacks (bedroom, tv, and outside) and the other is run direct behind the tv.

Satellite boxes require special splitters to allow power through that the manufactures do not use. I hope that is the same for yours.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #3

On my flagstaff the sat wire only goes from the outside to the inside plug labeled Sat. My understanding is that is used for plugging your sat box to the outside antenna. I don't use the sat part so this is a guess on my part.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I don't have your model but I have two jacks by my water hook up. One is split and goes to all the cable jacks (bedroom, tv, and outside) and the other is run direct behind the tv.

Satellite boxes require special splitters to allow power through that the manufactures do not use. I hope that is the same for yours.

Thanks for your reply to my inquiry. Yes I understand the in from the outside jacks to the sat receiver but I couldn't find a way inside the cabinets to get from the receiver back into a jack or whatever to get up to the TV. I'll have to dig a little deeper if I decide on buying this camper. Again thanks for the help.
Happy Camping!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will have to do a little more research and digging into the wiring in the cabinet under the TV if I should decide to go ahead with the purchase of this rig. Thought it was funny that I could see all the different ins for cable and sat, but couldn't see a way to get from the sat receiver back into a jack or cable or whatever to get up to the TV. More digging into it to come. Again, thanks for your help.
Happy Camping!
Old 04-07-2017, 06:25 AM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz1 View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. I will have to do a little more research and digging into the wiring in the cabinet under the TV if I should decide to go ahead with the purchase of this rig. Thought it was funny that I could see all the different ins for cable and sat, but couldn't see a way to get from the sat receiver back into a jack or cable or whatever to get up to the TV. More digging into it to come. Again, thanks for your help.
I haven't seen an 8528RLIKWS.
Maybe you mean 8528IKWS. (without the RL)

If so, I have a little newer model of the one you are looking at.
You are right, short of pulling the TV out there isn't much in the way of hooking to the TV. Although, my TV easily pulls out (snap lock on swivel mount, pull hard) and you can get to the back of it to add other inputs.

Also, my entertainment center (iRV66) has a HDMI input that is connected to the TV. I can plug my sat receiver output to that and then select it via the inputs on the TV.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #7

Thanks 5picker, I hadn't thought of the entertainment center. I'll have to see if there is an input on it for the sat receiver. The 8528RLIKWS has the main slides kind of opposite from the IKWS. The narrower kitchen slide is on the curb side and is covered by the main awning. The TV and entertainment cabinets are on center wall to the left of the steps going up to bedroom and bath. It's more of the traditional rear living setup, I guess. Again thanks for the help, all is greatly appreciated.
Happy Camping!

Tags
8528, flagstaff, wiring