Old 01-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #11
I towed a 25' Coachmen weighting about 7200lbs fully loaded, with my '02 Ram 5.9l (with tow package) into the Rocky Mountains and found how inadequate it was. Did fine around Ohio, but in the long mountains climbs, even the semi trucks were passing us. Engine roaring at 4000 rpm, drove me nuts. I was still under the Ram's capacity a few hundred pounds.
Just wanted to make you aware that just because you can pull it out of the driveway, doesn't mean you'll enjoy a trip thru the Mountains.
Following summer traded down a couple thousand pounds. I would advise more the a 6000lbs TT when fully loaded.

It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:56 PM   #12
Congratulations on your new 25dks. We purchased our new 2016 25dks last March. We struggled for two years with the decision on which TT to buy that our "then" 2005 Nissan Titan could tow. The trailer is the perfect size for my wife and I and we really like it. Unfortunately, it took us a couple thousand miles towing with the Titan to realize towing comfort, and safety, was much more complicated than having the weight of the trailer falling under the towing limit of the truck. Our trailer crossed the scales weighing over 4,700 lbs loaded with all the stuff we take with us. The Titan could tow it no doubt, but even with a great brake controller and W/D system, the trailer seemed to push around the truck, especially around the big rigs. Long story short, we traded the Titan for a new F250 Lariat. We are glad we did and have a dozen reasons why. To sum up our reasons we can say that there is nothing like the mass and wheelbase of a heavy duty truck under tow. Except for the difference in the amount of work the engine is doing under tow, we hardly know it is behind us. After all of my jibber jabber, there are many who would say that the Dodge 1500 is a perfect match for the 25dks. I wish you the very best and look forward to sharing experiences with our 25dks! The only drawback for us so far after 27 nights camped is not being able to enter the bathroom without opening the slide-out.

2016 Micro Lite 25DKS, 2015 F250 6.2l Lariat 4x4 3.73's
rmillermtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:11 AM   #13
Just wanted to let everyone know that my trip from Georgia to California went very well. I towed my 25DKS for over 2400 miles with no issues. On interstate 40 west, there were some steep hills where my RPMs were up to about 4000, but other than that, I could not tell that the travel trailer was behind me. I have been living in it now for over a month with no issues at all, I love this travel trailer.

Blackhorse is offline   Reply With Quote