Old 08-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #1

2017 25FKS new owner and question

Hi everyone!
My wife and I are new owners of a 25FKS. So far we love it! Since we will be paying for it for quite some time, we think it's in our best interest to make it as comfortable as possible.

While I will probably only think of a few items at a time, I will try to prioritize as much as possible.

First and foremost, probably the most annoying aspect of the trailer is the dual gray water tanks. The front tank is hard to drain with the slide all the way out. Has anyone considered tying the drain line to the same location as the other gray and black tanks? Trying to manage 2 sewer hoses tied together with a Wye then to the septic connection on the site just makes it worse. As a rookie to this set up (and generally to camping) I find myself learning more and more each trip. What I haven't made progress on is this setup, I actually get more and more frustrated each time.

Aside from that, has anyone rewired the fans so that they can be on independent from the wall switch? it's nice to run the fans and not A/C, but having the ability to separate them is always nice, a perfect example was the disc light at the end of the bed was defective, the push button switch didn't work. I could turn the light off by pushing the button, but it would come back on randomly. We didn't realize this until the middle of the night, fan on, sleeping and *POOF* light was on. Light has since been replaced, new one glows in the dark.....

Sirius/XM home kit: We have it, but have to string antenna out the door to the roof. any suggestions?

Those are a couple of the bigger things, little things like were to mount the paper towel holder and toilet paper holder are not hard, but esthetically, must keep the wife happy. It's not so simple to change your mind after, I have one chance to get it right. At least that's what I'm shooting for......

more later......

thanks for any advice and suggestions!!

Adam

Old 08-09-2016, 10:47 PM   #2

Hi Adam, we picked up our 25FKS on Thursday and took it out for a 3 night 1st run. We didn't have the light problem you did, our dealer forgot to turn the outside kitchen cold water off so we had water running in the storage compartment.
I too was looking at the drains and agree, they are difficult to get to with the slide out. We did not have a full hookup so it still took longer at the dump ststion.

For your Sirius can you run the antenna wire through one of the storage compartments up to the roof? I'm still trying to decide where to put the TP holder.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #3

Hey guys I have a friend with an newer f150 , with tow package, he has 9100 lb towing capacity. He is in the market for the 25fks and just wondering what you haul your 25fks with?
Old 08-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #4

I have a 2005 F150 supercrew that I tow with. It has the 5.4L engine. Also when towing I turn off the overdrive.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #5
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
On my 5th wheel, I tied the the kitchen galley grey water to the front grey water tank.....now can dump tanks without moving sewer hose....can be done, just make sure you use the proper glue for the type of pipe you have.....
Old 08-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #6

I have the same double drain issue on my 8315BSS. Since we don't put much water in the galley tank, If hooked up to sewer, I usually only connect my black/gray drain. when ready to head out, after running in slide, & hooking up, I back the TT up and drain the galley tank. If I am going to be in one place for an extended period of time, then I run 2 drains with a WYE.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #7

Welcome to the forum. You will find much good info here.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh2008 View Post
Hey guys I have a friend with an newer f150 , with tow package, he has 9100 lb towing capacity. He is in the market for the 25fks and just wondering what you haul your 25fks with?
2011 Ford F-150 4x4 with the 5.0L. Tows like a champ! I do make sure to use the tow/haul feature especially in hilly terrain.

As for the drain, I'll probably plumb the front drain the the rest.