Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

2017 Micro lite 25BHS water filter

Just got this unit. and really like it. I am trying to figure out how to put the filter in (they didn't). No manual for it in my paper work. dealer will put in for me but I don't want to drag it back. Any help?
awfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfred View Post
Just got this unit. and really like it. I am trying to figure out how to put the filter in (they didn't). No manual for it in my paper work. dealer will put in for me but I don't want to drag it back. Any help?

you actually are very fortunate, many of us either remove completely or bypass that filter and only use the outside filter, ...... with it inside the unit there is always the possibility of leaks and damage, it just works better outside for us, ....

we also shut off the water when we are leaving the tt, busted lines can and do happen at any time, if we are there we can respond appropriately, ... if it happens while away, sever damage can occur before we return, ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0225.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	138810  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #3

If you have the FR1 filter here are some threads....
https://www.google.ca/search?q=fr1+w...L4XNjwTm2IbQCQ
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #4

Thank you

I been using it with out the filter. But don't i still need to get it out come winter to keep it from busting? There doesn't seem to be any way to get the water out other wise. It seems like it would take bunch of pink stuff to purge it all the way
Old 05-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #5

If you feel like removing it completely and use an outside filter, here is a good thread how to by-pass......

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ter-70759.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

If you have the FR1 you need to first turn off the water supply from your system (city or pump) and open a faucet to relieve any pressure.

To remove the plastic canister you will slightly push up on the canister to disengage the locking teeth and turn the canister to remove. You may need to use the supplied wrench. Don't lose the sealing o-ring or dislodge.

Install the filter element and reverse the operation to reinstall the canister making sure you line up the arrows on the canister with the one on the filter head. Once the arrows are aligned, slightly pull down on the canister to lock the teeth. (note: arrows in picture below are NOT aligned!)

Re-pressurize the system and look for leaks

If you have the CCl-10-CLW the procedure is the same except it simply unscrews and threads back on. No locking teeth.

When winter comes you'll need to remove the filter element.
Many people fill the canister with marbles or an empty, sealed water bottle to take up some of the space so additional antifreeze isn't required to fill the canister.

What most everyone does though is remove the filter assembly completely and connect the two lines together inside your camper. Many of the filters have failed and flooded the interior of the camper.

Put some garden hose connections on the removed filter assembly and use it outside at the spigot where if it fails, you won't have a flooded camper.

EDIT:
I should have added... the elements are slightly different between the two.
The FR1 uses a propitiatory element with an o-ring on the top that fits up into the housing.
The CCl uses easily obtainable elements that fit like most household filters.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fr1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	138824   Click image for larger version

Name:	cci-10-clw_filter.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	138826  
Attached Images

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfred View Post
I misread your post, I thought you did not have a filter UNIT, but you just want to know how to install the filter cartridge, sorry about that, ...but still the preferred mod for many of us is to remove/do away with that UNIT and just use an outside filter(as shown in my pic post #2)

Old 05-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #8

Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
you actually are very fortunate, many of us either remove completely or bypass that filter and only use the outside filter, ...... with it inside the unit there is always the possibility of leaks and damage, it just works better outside for us, ....

we also shut off the water when we are leaving the tt, busted lines can and do happen at any time, if we are there we can respond appropriately, ... if it happens while away, sever damage can occur before we return, ....
Is that orange ring fitting going in to your trailer the pressure regulator? If so does it matter if installed at water source?
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman2 View Post
Is that orange ring fitting going in to your trailer the pressure regulator? If so does it matter if installed at water source?
the orange ring is just part of the 90deg elbow, .... the yellow knob/handle is just a garden valve adapter for easy on/off of the water when we leave the tt, easier to turn that knob than to fight with one of those blue lever handled faucets found in many cg. ..... I put my pressure regulator at the cg faucet

Old 05-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #10

Thanks. Nice setup. I just removed my filter system by waterpur . The filter casing exploded under the bed. Luckily I was testing the system and saw water pouring out under trailer. The quality is astounding.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
If you have the FR1 you need to first turn off the water supply from your system (city or pump) and open a faucet to relieve any pressure.

To remove the plastic canister you will slightly push up on the canister to disengage the locking teeth and turn the canister to remove. You may need to use the supplied wrench. Don't lose the sealing o-ring or dislodge.

Install the filter element and reverse the operation to reinstall the canister making sure you line up the arrows on the canister with the one on the filter head. Once the arrows are aligned, slightly pull down on the canister to lock the teeth. (note: arrows in picture below are NOT aligned!)

Re-pressurize the system and look for leaks

If you have the CCl-10-CLW the procedure is the same except it simply unscrews and threads back on. No locking teeth.

When winter comes you'll need to remove the filter element.
Many people fill the canister with marbles or an empty, sealed water bottle to take up some of the space so additional antifreeze isn't required to fill the canister.

What most everyone does though is remove the filter assembly completely and connect the two lines together inside your camper. Many of the filters have failed and flooded the interior of the camper.

Put some garden hose connections on the removed filter assembly and use it outside at the spigot where if it fails, you won't have a flooded camper.

EDIT:
I should have added... the elements are slightly different between the two.
The FR1 uses a propitiatory element with an o-ring on the top that fits up into the housing.
The CCl uses easily obtainable elements that fit like most household filters.
looks like the one on the right but I can't get it to unscew
Old 05-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #12

Count your blessing with no filter inside .... picture of our campsite this past Jan after waking up to 1 inch of water inside the entire camper at midnight (with no idea of the origin at that time, just turned off all the water to the camper).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00569_edited-1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	534.9 KB
ID:	138955  

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, water, water filter