Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 12:55 AM   #1
Member
 
Ridgekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 69
Cool 2019.5 Flagstaff E-Pro 19FD

Howdy!
Our E-Pro is being built and should receive by January 2019.. towing with a 2017 Tacoma.. We plan on camping (mostly dry) locally here in Northern California.. Anyone have theirs already? Just anxious to hear how this little trailer travels.. ANY stories and pictures are appreciated!
Happy Trails!
Dave
__________________

Ridgekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:45 AM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgekid View Post
Howdy!
Our E-Pro is being built and should receive by January 2019.. towing with a 2017 Tacoma.. We plan on camping (mostly dry) locally here in Northern California.. Anyone have theirs already? Just anxious to hear how this little trailer travels.. ANY stories and pictures are appreciated!
Happy Trails!
Dave
since you live in California, dry camping is pretty standard, since less than 1% of the state parks campsites have hookups of any kind.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,644
You might have yours sooner than you think if it's actually currently on assembly line! Mine rolled off the line on 10/26/18, and arrived at dealer two days ago in Pennsylvania. I have appointment to pickup on Monday, 11/12/18, I haven't been this excited in a long time, feels like Christmas! BTW, there are plenty of threads involving our unit, just search E pro Geo pro.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,644
The poor guy giving me the walk-through has no idea what's coming. Thanks to this forum, I will be armed with a PDI checklist, flashlight, outlet tester, mechanics creeper and a clipboard while wife films whole thing with our camcorder. Just reminded me, need new chip for camcorder!
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Epro19fd

I have a 2017 Epro19.

We love the trailer. Hoever here are some issues you need to be aware of.

1. Initial tires lasted 5000 miles due to excessive inside wear. Had to replace axle which Dexter paid for. I paid to have trailer shop perform alignment analysis which determined axle was mfr problem. With new axle have 10,000 miles and tires still in good shape.
2. The city water connection became very loose, had to put anchors in wall and reattach receptacle.
3. The cabinet shelf beneath counter collapsed. I had to install substantial reinforcing. As built will not hold much weight.
4. I rebuilt front storage lockers to increase storage capacity.
5. Bracket holding sewer pipes at dump valve broke and had to be replaced, Forest River provided under warranty.
6. Bracket on one side of steps broke. I had it welded and strengthened both sides, will not happen again.
7. Sewer hose holding tube is inconveniently recessed beneath trailer, rebuilt so that end of tube is approx at edge of trailer.
8. Dinette on forward side came loose from interior wall. I thru bolted from outside. Problem solved.

As with any trailer, carry a complete tool box, bungee cords and duct tape!


.
edkayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
tc cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 146
Dave
Here are some videos of the Geo Pro, same as our E Pro. They cover it all.




Tom
__________________
2018 Flagstaff E-Pro 19 fbs
tc cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,644
How does a guy that young not have to work for 6 months????
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #8
Member
 
Ridgekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkris View Post
how does a guy that young not have to work for 6 months????
������
__________________
Wondering While Wandering 🌞
Ridgekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #9
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,644
the guy in the video that looks like Kevin Costner
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:32 AM   #10
Member
 
Ridgekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkayc View Post
I have a 2017 Epro19.

We love the trailer. Hoever here are some issues you need to be aware of.

1. Initial tires lasted 5000 miles due to excessive inside wear. Had to replace axle which Dexter paid for. I paid to have trailer shop perform alignment analysis which determined axle was mfr problem. With new axle have 10,000 miles and tires still in good shape.
2. The city water connection became very loose, had to put anchors in wall and reattach receptacle.
3. The cabinet shelf beneath counter collapsed. I had to install substantial reinforcing. As built will not hold much weight.
4. I rebuilt front storage lockers to increase storage capacity.
5. Bracket holding sewer pipes at dump valve broke and had to be replaced, Forest River provided under warranty.
6. Bracket on one side of steps broke. I had it welded and strengthened both sides, will not happen again.
7. Sewer hose holding tube is inconveniently recessed beneath trailer, rebuilt so that end of tube is approx at edge of trailer.
8. Dinette on forward side came loose from interior wall. I thru bolted from outside. Problem solved.

As with any trailer, carry a complete tool box, bungee cords and duct tape!


.
Very helpful!
Thanks and
HAPPY TRAILS!
__________________

__________________
Wondering While Wandering 🌞
Ridgekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flagstaff

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.