Old 06-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #1

21ds tongue height

Hello, just bought a new 2018 21ds. I've got it parked on the side of my driveway, which is not a very level place. I'm trying to find the right hitch setup for it and my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. I live on a pretty busy street, so parking it is a pain. Does anyone know what the unloaded tongue height is on it? I know I'm going to need a rise hitch, but would also like to get a weight distributing hitch with rise. Just not sure how much rise I'll need. If I don't have to hook up to it and haul it to a level parking lot, it would be great. Like I said, I live on a busy street and almost need a flagman to guide traffic while parking it. Anyone know the tongue height on level ground? Thanks!

Rev_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:10 PM   #2

Maybe I should also mention that it's identical to previous years, so should be the same measurement. Anyone?

Old 07-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #3

I have a 2017 25BHS, when it's level it is 23" to top of ball mount. Make sure you do the three measurements on the front wheel well if you use a equalizer hitch it is important that you do not go below unhitched measurement ( on front axle) and take weight off the hitch
rarobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #4

Thanks rarobo! I got hold of the dealership and they measured one on the lot. It's 22", so pretty close to yours. The top of the receiver on my truck is only about 17", so I need some rise, as I already knew. I have an older weight distributing hitch that I kept from my old trailer, but it won't work, darn it! Too low. But yes, I'll also measure my wheel wells to ensure a stock ride height for my truck. Learned that long ago! But thanks so much for your input! Much appreciated!