Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2015, 11:13 PM   #1

21FBRS

Does anyone know which dealers in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, or Mississippi might sell Flagstaff 21FBRS Travel Trailers? I have found some in Kentucky, and that's not to far to go to pick one up, but I'm hoping to find one that's a little closer or a little less expensive.

I know... I want a really nice TT for free, or as close to that as I can get. Not asking for much.

Thanks,
Joe
january14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:51 AM   #2

Joe
Try Northgate RV. online. They have a store in Ringgold, GA & one in Tennessee. Very good prices. Also try RV Wholesalers. Didn't know about these dealers when I purchased my 21FBRS & paid considerably more than they are asking. Contacted both & they assured me that their advertised prices are correct. Good luck & we lover our 21FBRS.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:43 PM   #3

Try PECO Campers, Tucker, GA. SE side of metro Atlanta. First class sales and good service after the sale. Great for answering service and maintenance questions via phone.

We are 2014 21FBRS owners (from PECO).

Hope you get one. The 21FBRS is known as "The Big Little Trailer".
Henboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henboy View Post
Try PECO Campers, Tucker, GA. SE side of metro Atlanta. First class sales and good service after the sale. Great for answering service and maintenance questions via phone.

We are 2014 21FBRS owners (from PECO).

Hope you get one. The 21FBRS is known as "The Big Little Trailer".
X2
forthefunofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #5

We have a used 2014 model that we are still trying to work out the details on. I think we have it locked down until we can review financing options, but am not positive of that.

And, we haven't seen it yet either.

There is an RV Show this weekend in Birmingham... so, we're going to go and see what they have there. Probably have already seen most of it.

Just to let anyone who is interested know... The Flagstaff 21FBRS and the Rockwood 2109S are not the only campers with that floor plan. Coachmen makes one too (ultra-lite 192RBS) and so does Starcraft (Launch 21FBS). The starcraft comes with a 2 Year Warranty... so, Jayco is not the only one.

The floorplan is attractive to us mostly because there is no space wasted with a dinette. To us, the dinette is uncomfortable to sit in and serves no other useful purpose but to take up space. We can always put the table outside, and use chairs if we need to sit down to eat. But, TV Trays and the sofa should work nicely.

Joe
Old 02-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #6

Hi Joe:

Before you buy the StarCraft or Coachman, compare some of these specs:

Radius ceiling, interior ceiling height, ducted A/C, skylight over bed, depth and width of slide out, size of couch, refer cu.ft. capacity, aluminum pass thru ceiling/bed supports, drawers under bed, exterior height, etc. When we compared the Flagstaff 21fbrs was generally superior in features and build quality. We would buy it again.

Peco carries all 3 of the units you mentioned, making it easy to compare.

You are correct comparing couch OR dinette. If you can only have one, the couch works great for us. We took the very heavy table out and don't miss it.

Have fun deciding!!
Henboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:19 PM   #7

I had noticed the slideouts on the Coachmen and the Starcraft and the drawers under the bed. The other things, I have not noticed. But, point well taken.

I like the Flagstaff the best of the bunch. To me, it looks more "comfortable" than any of the others. I use "comfortable", but what I really think is "luxurious".

Joe
Old 02-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #8

Atlanta RV Show is the first weekend of March. I had a Sunline 21 for 10 years and loved it, then I saw the 21 FBRS at the Atlanta RV Show a couple of years ago. I went online looking for the best prices; Cherokee RV in Iowa won: 14K out the door with front window and electric ever thing. I work on electric generating plants around the country and stay in my RV for months. I still love my 21FBRS. Forest River looks after their owners after purchase.
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #9

We bought a new 21FBRS from Peco in 2012 and loved it. Great dealer, too. We only traded it to go to a larger 5th wheel. But be aware that, although Peco provides great service, they are not the lowest in price. There is no free lunch.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #10

We ended up buying a used 2014 Flagstaff 21FBRS from Colerain in Indianapolis. We left Friday after the wife got off work, overnighted near Louisville, picked up the camper on Saturday, drove back to Nashville by Saturday night and then came the rest of the way home today. 1,100 miles.

Stayed in the camper on Saturday night, and it was quite pleasant. Got in so late that about all we could do was hook up to electricity. Left the slide in, and just slept. During the process, we noticed that the DVD player is not working. But, that's either a minor or a major problem. I will research to find out if anyone has a similar issue. Wish we had checked that at Colerain before we signed the papers, but didn't think to check that, because I believe they would have fixed it or replaced it.

We think we got a really good deal.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #11

Dealers order different 21FBRS models. Some have electric heat mattress, heated holding tanks; many options. Go to the FR Micro Lite site and look at option packages then you can check dealers. My 21FBRS has everything except the electric jack stand. I love the heated mattress.
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:52 AM   #12

X2 on heated mattress; we love ours too.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #13

If it only had a covered underbelly. Although it can be done rather cheaply.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
If it only had a covered underbelly. Although it can be done rather cheaply.
It can? I would think the biggest problem with doing that would be the added weight. I'm not interested in doing that right now... but I may be one day. So, what material would you use?
Old 03-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #15

Take a look under a few trailers. For the most part it looks like plastic cardboard which weights nothing. It's cheap but very effective. Our 27RLWS has it. Easy to do and easy to replace.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote