Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

21FBRS - Want to change/modify large curtain

Has anyone replaced or modified those big curtains that separate the bed from the rest of huge camper?

I would like a different room divider curtain. My husband stays up later than I do and light from the TV/computer screen is an issue when I'm trying to get to sleep.

I can find lots of light blocking curtains online, I don't know where to find the right hardware/tabs/something to fit in the slide track. Or, I could sew a second pair of curtains (hemmed) to the original curtains to avoid the hardware issue, but then I'm concerned about the added weight.

Any suggestions?
MsLead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #2

Our last trailer had the hard accordian style attached to top rail. Loved it.
Sharon.72064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
want a Cat 293REX

we have the 21FBRS and I love the divider curtains; they are dark brown which keep out the ambient light.

If you wanted to maximize on this I would think about velcro something to the existing perhaps.
boatless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #4

I wouldn't put too much weight on anything attached to the ceiling. The shell of the 21 FBRS is mostly Styrofoam and wafer thin plywood. I think I'd try to attach another layer of a lightweight dark fabric to the existing curtain.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
want a Cat 293REX

x2
boatless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications