Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 07:50 AM   #1

23 FBDS Dinette

Has anyone done or seen a dinette removal modification on a 23 FBDS or similar unit? We never use the dinette and would benefit from some type of couch or other seating arrangement instead. I would like to be able to retain the storage that is under the dinette if possible. I believe that dinette is area is approximately 85” wide. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
FCFR3762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #2

Here’s a pic of the dinette area for reference. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1810.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	214006
FCFR3762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:10 AM   #3
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCFR3762 View Post
Has anyone done or seen a dinette removal modification on a 23 FBDS or similar unit? We never use the dinette and would benefit from some type of couch or other seating arrangement instead. I would like to be able to retain the storage that is under the dinette if possible. I believe that dinette is area is approximately 85” wide. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
Could you simply make your dinette a couch? Take out the table and put in a few poofs or footrests? Unless you are planning to keep that TT forever, making major changes will reduce the value, even if they are better for you. IMHO
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #4

Many people have removed the dinette entirely and installed Theater seating, sleeper sofa or twin recliners but doing so eliminates your storage. That’s a tuff one determining what’s more desirable, storage or comfort and usability.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #5

We actually like the dinette. I know others prefer theater seating but even though it’s just my husband and myself, the dinette works best. We have dinner there, play board games and watch tv from there. And if our adult son wants to come we can let him sleep on the dinette.