Old 01-01-2018, 03:26 PM   #1

25FKS New Owner

Deposit put down! First TT we have owned. Previously we have had a pop up but will be spending more time in the coming years at the lake with the addition of a boat.

Would really appreciate hearing form other 25FKS (or 2506s) owners on your overall thoughts and experiences with the trailer. Tips, tricks, issues, resolutions?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

ABailey913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer. I am also very interested in this model (or its twin the Rockwood 2506S).

You might want to also post this question to the Rockwood category to ask about the 2506S. There are a lot more Rockwoods out there than there are Shamrocks, even though they are identical twins.

Jim S

Old 01-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseheadjim View Post
Congrats on the new trailer. I am also very interested in this model (or its twin the Rockwood 2506S).

You might want to also post this question to the Rockwood category to ask about the 2506S. There are a lot more Rockwoods out there than there are Shamrocks, even though they are identical twins.

Jim S
Yes, even though they are twin brands made in the same factory, there are WAY more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff dealers.
At least twice as many, if not more.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #4

Hi, we have a 2018 micro lite 25FKS. We purchased it last summer. One thing I did was put in a switch near the small outside fridge so when I dry camp and started the generator, the outside fridge would stay off ( there is no on/off switch on fridge but you could pull the plug which is hard to get to). The IRV radio went bad and forest river replaced it under warranty. Oh the in line fuse for the slide blew out and took a while to figure it out. Carry spares!! Also read the manuals on how to operate the slide out and awning in case they stop working. They have manual overrides. Other then that no other issues. Well built, quality camper with a great floor plan. We used it about 4x and can't wait to pull the cover off in a few months and get it ready for another season!
dgcg215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #5

Targeting a 25FKS or Rockwood 2506S (same trailer) myself. Front kitchen and rear bed is where it is at! Good classic floorplan that have several good qualities.

Will have to see about changing out the outside kitchen fridge. 120v is pretty stupid. I use 12v Fridge/ Freezers in my commercial semi trucks that are a carbon copy of the 120v in the camper. (yes, true compressor fridge). One of those wired up for 12v would be killer for dry camping. The one in my commercial truck can go for days without taking down the standard dual purpose Group 31 batteries in the truck, and that is without any auxiliary charging. No reason a set of 6v batteries in series along with solar panels, one couldn't run the outside fridge for days on end. On top of that, if one of these can take the abuse they get in my semi trucks, then one in a camper will feel like it is in heaven and last a long, long time. The one in my present semi has been running continuously for 5 years, enduring about 135,000 miles a year, without skipping a beat. Frozen goodies in the freezer compartment, milk, tea, food items in fridge section.

A little pricey, but worth every penny in quality and durability. I get mine from....

www.truckfridge.com
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #6
Grammar Pedant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yes, even though they are twin brands made in the same factory, there are WAY more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff dealers.
At least twice as many, if not more.
In Colorado, I see very few Flagstaff trailers. Very few. I see more Flagstaff pop-up trailers, but mainly because the primary CO Flagstaff dealer is both active and 100% dedicated to pop-up sales. Most other dealers (of all brands) sell pop-ups along with TTs, 5ers, and other offerings in that brand's portfolio.

TV: 2005 F150, 5.4L, Tow Package, 4WD
Current RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
In Colorado, I see very few Flagstaff trailers. Very few. I see more Flagstaff pop-up trailers, but mainly because the primary CO Flagstaff dealer is both active and 100% dedicated to pop-up sales. Most other dealers (of all brands) sell pop-ups along with TTs, 5ers, and other offerings in that brand's portfolio.
Really not an issue. Rockwood Mini / Flagstaff Micro is like Chevrolet/GMC. They have the same components and such so that any Flag can be worked on at any Rockwood dealer and vice versa.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #8
Grammar Pedant

Agreed that it's not an issue, but not sure why Mad Cow quoted me ... my statement is not a contrast, or in any way related, to that conclusion.

Also, comparison to Chevy/GMC isn't a good one. Those brands actually have different price points, with GMC selling at a premium to Chevy. That's not the same relationship of Rockwood and Flagstaff.

TV: 2005 F150, 5.4L, Tow Package, 4WD
Current RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #9

My bad. I read it wrong. That is why I have Mad Cow
Old 01-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #10

We picked up our 25FKS in November 2016. We love it and have put 4000 miles on it so far. We had to make a few mods to make it work for us. The biggest one, we removed the U shaped dinette and replaced it with a triple recliner from RecPro. The dinette seating was way too uncomfortable.
We also added a 2" foam topper to the bed, swing out grill mount to the bumper, bike carrier over the power jack, and power strip to the outside kitchen so we can turn off the fridge and use for other devices.
Happy RVing

morganrc1955 is offline   Reply With Quote