Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to tommy588
26rls??

Hey all, first off im new here to the Forest River family....well not YET.

I havent ordered mine yet because im still going over the options for it.
Im looking at the Flagstaff 26RLS. I really like the lay out of the trailer. Its has a nice big open area at the first entry door which really looks impressive. The front queen sleeper with its ajoined bathroom is what got me. Its almost like a motorhome the way they did this lay out, but thats me.

Anyways I wanted your oppions on a few options...
First is the second door in the bedroom area. Do you really use it for people out there that have it? is it worth it? im kicking the idea of not getting it because I feel one door is enough.
Oven??? Are you telling me that a oven is not included in the trailer?
Stainless steal app. Are they worth it? Im not going to be getting a microwave, I will supply my own since I can get it cheaper.
Gas/electric water heater...?? Is its worth it or do you guys mostly run on gas?
What is CSA??? anyone?

Anyways thats my post. Like I said, I havent ordered it yet. I have talked to a few dealers who have all quoted prices from 22k-24k. Does that sound high or low? what have others paid for yours? if not the 2RLS still in the 26 foot range.

lastly any pros and cons are welcome for this layout....I would like to know what ya think.

thanks
Kev
tommy588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #2

Hi Kev,
Welcome to the forum.

The Flagstaff 26RLS is a very nice layout. I don't think the second door is a "delete" option. The second door is for fire/safety purposes, and depending on the floorplan and length of the trailer, they will come with it.

The oven is an option, but most dealers, at least most I've seen, order ovens for their inventory trailers.

Stainless Appliances, I don't know, we have black and are satisfied with that.

We do use the microwave quite often, but like you said, you can purchase and install one cheaper than TR will charge for it.

Gas/Electric Water Heater(DSI). Get it. You won't regret the extra HOT water. We run ours on both.

CSA....I'll have to think a while on that one. Oh,...It's something about a Canadian Certification, I think.

22k-24k seems a bit high to me.

As I said before, the 26rls is a very nice floorplan.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy588 View Post
Hey all, first off im new here to the Forest River family....well not YET.

I havent ordered mine yet because im still going over the options for it.
Im looking at the Flagstaff 26RLS. I really like the lay out of the trailer. Its has a nice big open area at the first entry door which really looks impressive. The front queen sleeper with its ajoined bathroom is what got me. Its almost like a motorhome the way they did this lay out, but thats me.

Anyways I wanted your oppions on a few options...
First is the second door in the bedroom area. Do you really use it for people out there that have it? is it worth it? im kicking the idea of not getting it because I feel one door is enough.
Oven??? Are you telling me that a oven is not included in the trailer?
Stainless steal app. Are they worth it? Im not going to be getting a microwave, I will supply my own since I can get it cheaper.
Gas/electric water heater...?? Is its worth it or do you guys mostly run on gas?
What is CSA??? anyone?

Anyways thats my post. Like I said, I havent ordered it yet. I have talked to a few dealers who have all quoted prices from 22k-24k. Does that sound high or low? what have others paid for yours? if not the 2RLS still in the 26 foot range.

lastly any pros and cons are welcome for this layout....I would like to know what ya think.

thanks
Kev
Hi Kev and welcome to the Forest River Forums. I will give you my opinions on your questions. They are opinions because there are no right answers in this case. BTW, we have a 26 RKS model.

Bedroom door - We have a door at the bedroom and use it a lot. We have under bed storage in which we keep the outside folding chairs and other items. With the door there, all I have to do is raise the bed, open the door, and basically pitch the chairs out. Pretty easy. I also find I go in and out of that one when we are sitting around if I want something from that area of the trailer. So, in my opinion, I'll take the door.

Ovens. At one time there was an oven shortage due to lack of a part. Also, many people don't use them anymore, so many manufacturers are now making them an option rather than standard. We have one and use it occasionally, and would probably order one with it.

Stainless. We have that option too, and really like it. It is for looks only as it does not add to the operational aspects of the appliance at all. We also have the white interior, which we requested when we ordered our trailer.

Gas/Electric water heater - Absolutely, and make sure it is DSI. Why use your gas when you can use the campground's electricity. If you plan on a lot of dry camping, the DSI is still nice as it makes it simple to light the heater from inside the trailer.

Can't help you on CSA. I'll let Mike work on it. Gives him something to do.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Hokiehall wrote:
Can't help you on CSA. I'll let Mike work on it. Gives him something to do.
CSA ( Canadian Standards Association ).
Old 02-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #5

Done Deal

Okay so heres the scoop....
buying the trailer Feb 15th!!!

Features
Year 2007 New
Class Travel Trailer
Manufacturer Flagstaff
Brand Flagstaff
Model 26RLS

Stock Number FL4478
Our Price $26,853
Length 26’ 0"
Slides 1
Int. Color Cinnamon
Ext. Color White

Description

*Gas Electric Hot Water Heater
*Awning
*13,500 Btu Ducted Roof A/C
Spare Tire Carrier & Cover
Water Purifier
*Rear Ladder
Outside Speakers
Day/Night Shades
Breeze Bathroom Fantasitc Fan
Carbon Monoxide Detector
*Oven
Microwave Oven
Outside Grill
Heated Mattress

*asterics means thats the only options i wanted everything else was freeeeeee

paying price $19,995.00
WOW 25% off!!! shows the markup. Any thoughts on the deal?

The dealer an I are spliting the shipping cost...so it adds about $1,625 on the cost.... total of $21,620.00 but for sales tax I would only pay on the 19,995.00.

anyways. how good is the extended warranty from ForestRiver....anything i should look for?

the ONLY disadvantage on this deal is i cant see it till it gets here....so....something might be broken and id be SOL.

feedback is welcome

I should know by tommorow if the wife is okay with the deal....grrrr
Old 02-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #6

The extended warranty is $100 and is an extension of the first year you get. No difference in coverage. Twist your dealer's arm to try and get him to throw it in as part of your final deal. Mine did.

And congratulations on the new trailer. Be sure and post some pictures of it once you get it home.
As for your deal, it sounds good to me. Be sure he throws in a good sewer hose, a battery, and two full tanks of propane on top of everything else. They don't typically come from the factory with those things.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #7

tommy588,

I'd have to say, that's a good price.
Like Kim said, try to get the dealer to at least through in the sewer hose, a battery, and two full tanks of propane.

My dealer, and most others around here, through in the above, along with a pack of holding tank treatment, tissue paper, city water hose, water regulator and believe it or not, the WD hitch and brake control.
So before you sign on the line, question him about free-bees.

Congrats on the new TT. I know you'll enjoy it.

Happy Camping,
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #8

Tommy you are a brave man to make a deal and then let the wife look at it. I did that 1 time tried to tell her the boat I bought was her Christmas present. Never tried that again. Congrats the dealers almost always have these starter / welcome packs now. It has toilet paper, a hose, sewer hose, toilet chemical and a bunch of coupons. Anyway good luck welcome to the Forest River group.
Larry
Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaff View Post
Tommy you are a brave man to make a deal and then let the wife look at it. I did that 1 time tried to tell her the boat I bought was her Christmas present. Never tried that again. Congrats the dealers almost always have these starter / welcome packs now. It has toilet paper, a hose, sewer hose, toilet chemical and a bunch of coupons. Anyway good luck welcome to the Forest River group.
Larry
yeah i hear ya on that. but she likes camping and let me do the hard work, her job was just to say yes or no on price....let me tell you they may buy fancy cloths and spend more money then they have to...till its in the thousand of dollars...then THEY wanna approve it...lol hey it was fine with me. all i said was honey you made a good choice in the trailer!...you know....gotta make her feel like she did something...

anyways yeah its coming with a 20 foot hose, fresh water hose (added to my 5 others) 4 rolls of TP.....and some chem...not coupons though...::tear::

first of my mods are...

replace the tv it comes with with a new 20 inch LCD (moving the one it comes with to the sleeping area.)
Add a new media center computer system to it...easy to transfer movies(with re-moveable drives so the drive does'nt kill them)
add a 2000 watt inverter system to the entertainment center.
switch to the 6 volt battery system(....might need a DYI on this)
Replace the speakers with something that has a bit more kick.
Build a extend counter top for the wife to cook on...im guessing this will be number one on the list of mods.

thats it for now....any other ideas?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #10

I think the electric tounge jack is a must and a good high tork cordless drill to but the stabilizer jacks up and down. Why switching to a 6 volt system?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagstaff View Post
I think the electric tounge jack is a must and a good high tork cordless drill to but the stabilizer jacks up and down. Why switching to a 6 volt system?
well...i was told by a friend of mine that running two deep cycle 6 volts to make a 12 volt, and then doing it the same so you get three 12 volts gives you a better charge cycle. last longer. im not sure. i asked a few dealers and they seemed to think that you could run everything off a single 12 volt battery.

ie. this camping senario....dry camping for a week plus days (with a generator) running lights, and other 12 volt items off the single battery.

to me thats taking a chance being if u use lights at night and running some 12 volt systems like my entertainment area off a 2000 watt inverter would drain a single battery pretty fast.
im not a expert in electical currents and such so i could be wrong. lol

my current setup on my TT (non flagstaff) is dual deep cycle 12 volt batterys for main use. i am also running a 2000 watt inverter currently that will transfer to my new TT. a third on the electrical brake system (break away).

i dont know how many batterys are you guys running? i figured you can never have to many batterys on hand....i figured id wire in three main batterys and a fourth for break away...think thats to crazy?

ideas?

Tags
flagstaff