Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #441

hitch

check out the husky equalizer hitch
19redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19redwing View Post
check out the husky equalizer hitch
Small point of order - Husky does not have an "equalizer" hitch ... they have weight distribution hitches. Equal-i-zer is the only manufacturer of "equalizer" hitches.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #443

The top step on our entry steps has become somewhat bent. I checked with the dealer and they said it isn't covered under warranty (first year just ran out, but we got the second year through FR).

I'm going to email the Rockwood warranty rep tomorrow and see if there is anything they can do or if we should contact Flexco. The dealer wants $530 to replace the steps, which sounds outrageous. I'm guessing it's just a matter of removing a few bolts on the old steps and replacing them with bolts for the new steps.

It's usable, but I'm sure the bend will become more pronounced the more we use it.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCamp View Post
The top step on our entry steps has become somewhat bent. I checked with the dealer and they said it isn't covered under warranty (first year just ran out, but we got the second year through FR).

I'm going to email the Rockwood warranty rep tomorrow and see if there is anything they can do or if we should contact Flexco. The dealer wants $530 to replace the steps, which sounds outrageous. I'm guessing it's just a matter of removing a few bolts on the old steps and replacing them with bolts for the new steps.

It's usable, but I'm sure the bend will become more pronounced the more we use it.
Got a photo or three? I am doubtful that it would be covered under the warranty by the rep. But that would depend on how the failure occurred.

What is to stop the new step from having the same issue if the design is the same? Replacement alone may not be the solution.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #445

27RLWS

Flexco Triple 24" RV Step with 8" Drop $119.85

http://www.flexcoproducts.com/produc...ep-with-8-drop

Simple to R & R the steps. Several bolts and your done. For $500.00 I would get electric steps

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #446

Looking at upgrading our 2013 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBXL to a Flagstaff 27RLWS. Lots of posts here and I will admit I have not had time to read them all. The floorplan and price weight and lenght seems to meet our needs. I may have some more questions before we order one for spring delivery but the one that comes to mind right now is can you access the fridge without having to deploy the slide? Thinking af the emerald package and looks like it is worth while. Not sure on the electric stabilizers yet.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
Looking at upgrading our 2013 Salem Cruise Lite 221RBXL to a Flagstaff 27RLWS. Lots of posts here and I will admit I have not had time to read them all. The floorplan and price weight and lenght seems to meet our needs. I may have some more questions before we order one for spring delivery but the one that comes to mind right now is can you access the fridge without having to deploy the slide? Thinking af the emerald package and looks like it is worth while. Not sure on the electric stabilizers yet.
As far as accessing the fridge the answer is yes and no. The fridge does open with the slide in but the other, dinette, slide blocks you from getting to it. There is limited access by reaching over the counter and if you are spry enough you can sit on counter and swing your legs over and get into the kitchen as we do when both slides are in. My wife has a much easier time doing this than I do! As for the power stabilizers, I really like them. Dan
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #448

We purchased our 27RLWS in July of last year from Cheyenne Camping Center, and love it. It is the plain jane version, so it's lighter than the Emerald package We completed an ALCAN trip this spring, including Fairbanks, and Anchorage. It hasn't given is any problems. We are pulling it with a 2009 Suburban, and have been averaging 10 mpg.
We are leaving in October from Montana, to Wisconsin, Illinois, and cross country to Deer Valley, AZ to spend the winter. The TT is plenty spacious for DW, myself, and Phoxie, the cat.
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #449

The 27RLWS has a fantastic floor plan. After researching for about a year and a half, we found this floor plan at a show here in town. As with all TT, there are some issues that you need to work through and after all that, we still love the TT. Take some time in it and you too will love it. Although you can't access the refrigerator but you can access the bathroom. We take a cooler with us but not a port-o-john so that makes it worth it.
If you go with the 27RLWS I would highly recommend you read this thread from page one. There are great modifications to do as well as watching out for things other owners have found to need correcting.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #450

Does anyone have trouble with movement of the trailer when camping? It seems like ours moves quite a bit even with the stab jacks in place. If someone gets up, the whole trailer seems to move...
cecelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #451

Yes, mine moves but I ignore it trhinking how nice it is that this "house on wheels" can provide me a home anywhere I care to drive.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #452

It's just an issue you will learn to live with. We use the scissor jacks between the tires and it took out a little more. Since it's just the DW, puppy and I, we don't move around all that much at different times. Once we are in bed, we can feel the puppy walking around (She's only 44 pounds). It's a TT and it's going to flex even if you snugged it all down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #453

Hmmm...our last trailer didn't move so much but our only had one slide. It's tough, when we fill the dogs bowl with water...We can't fill out but half full or it will spill do to movement...I wonder if it's because we set the stab jacks then put the slides out?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #454

Sorry about the typos...damn swype on my phone...lol
Old 09-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #455

Side to Side movement

Use as many blocks as possible to reduce side to side movement. The main area of movement is in the stab jacks themselves.
Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #456
Mod free 5er

JT Strongarm type stabilizers whether homemade or otherwise installed front and back along with jacks in front of the axles, will do more than anything for stopping movement in the trailer. Bal X chocks also help tremendously.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
JT Strongarm type stabilizers whether homemade or otherwise installed front and back along with jacks in front of the axles, will do more than anything for stopping movement in the trailer. Bal X chocks also help tremendously.
I may bite the bullet and add the JT Strongarm to my Lippert electric jacks. Can't swing the cost right now though, and don't have the time to make them. Already have the X-chocks and they, with tire chocks, are adequate for stopping fore-aft movement.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #458

We add one bottle of water in the puppy's water bowl. Never had a spill other than she's a sloppy water drinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub22908 View Post
As far as accessing the fridge the answer is yes and no. The fridge does open with the slide in but the other, dinette, slide blocks you from getting to it. There is limited access by reaching over the counter and if you are spry enough you can sit on counter and swing your legs over and get into the kitchen as we do when both slides are in. My wife has a much easier time doing this than I do! As for the power stabilizers, I really like them. Dan
Took a drive today to see one at a dealer 2 hours from here. The dealer was very happy to show us slides in and out so I see your point in regard to getting to the fridge. Should not be a problem to deploy the slide to pack at home or even to have lunch at a service center or rest area.

Looks like we will get the emerald package which includes the electric stabilizers. Currently looking at ordering later this month for a spring delivery.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
The 27RLWS has a fantastic floor plan. After researching for about a year and a half, we found this floor plan at a show here in town. As with all TT, there are some issues that you need to work through and after all that, we still love the TT. Take some time in it and you too will love it. Although you can't access the refrigerator but you can access the bathroom. We take a cooler with us but not a port-o-john so that makes it worth it.
If you go with the 27RLWS I would highly recommend you read this thread from page one. There are great modifications to do as well as watching out for things other owners have found to need correcting.

Well I just read all 46 pages of this string. We do love this floor plan and will look to order one for the spring.