Old 06-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #301

Just completed first outing in our 27RLWS. No shower leaks, axles not shifted and trailer not leaning, at least not yet. We are very happy campers right now! I do have a question about refrigerator fan. During the day the fan would run constantly probably due to very high outdoor temps. The fan is very loud, thank goodness it doesn't run at night when temps drop because it would be very annoying to anyone trying to sleep on the sofa bed. Has anyone else noticed this or maybe I have a bad fan? Other than that we are loving this trailer and floor plan.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #302

The noisy fan is a normal comment made by those with the Dometic fridge that comes with this trailer. Only way to address it is to change the fan.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #303

I turn on the fan in the bathroom and run it to pull out the humidity. Don't here the fan then. I turn up the tv and don't here it then either. I believe we all have that little issue. It's to the point now that it's soothing. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #304

Hehe ... while I am living with the noise of the fridge fan, I wouldn't go so far as to call it soothing, especially at night.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #305

Haha. I need a little noise at night. Where we live all we here all day is cows, donkeys, coyotes, birds and bugs.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoses View Post
The noisy fan is a normal comment made by those with the Dometic fridge that comes with this trailer. Only way to address it is to change the fan.
Thanks. I was afraid it was normal. This is the 4th RV we have had with a Dometic refer and have never heard such a racket before. Looking at the manual it appears the fan is optional. I would guess that since this is the first RV we have had that the refer is in a slide out the fan is there because it doesn't vent through the roof. Thank goodness it seems to not run at night!
Old 06-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
I turn on the fan in the bathroom and run it to pull out the humidity. Don't here the fan then. I turn up the tv and don't here it then either. I believe we all have that little issue. It's to the point now that it's soothing. Lol

I have my doubts but hopefully some day I'll find it soothing also.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #308
Mod free 5er

Quote:
... but the TT will slowly slip down onto the axles and the lean will return. Then the dealer will have to accept the alternative of replacement. Just takes time and patience. I'm getting to know several folks from Forest River and Dexter Axle as well so all I not lost. I have time.
Might ask the dealer to put steel shims in the space to stop the axle from slipping until they figure out how to fix the problem permanently. There are holes in the horizontal surfaces that they could bolt thru to hold them in place. I had the dealer drill thru the tubing and bolt both axles solid on ours so they couldn't twist down.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #309

OC I got an email back from Dexter engineers the other day. They said a total replacement is the fix and did not agree to the dealers method of fixing the problem. Now I work on the dealer to replace them.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #310
Mod free 5er

Quote:
OC I got an email back from Dexter engineers the other day. They said a total replacement is the fix and did not agree to the dealers method of fixing the problem. Now I work on the dealer to replace them.
Looks pretty shoddy way of doing anything. To use it in the interim, you could cut hard wood wedges and drive them in just to get by for a short time. Is Dexter going to send you new axles?

If you could see your way clear, it would be advantageous to attend the rally and let them fix it with factory personnel.