Old 07-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
Sounds like I need to get in there and do the same. My only worry about caulking the joint between the wall and pan is there would be no way water seeping through those tiny round plastic wall anchors on the shower wall could get out. The design of the pan and walls are supposed to stop water from leaking out an draining back into the pan. Much the same as those fiberglass inserts for homes. Perplexed.
Chuck....you made me nervous again ( though I'm sure in your long career you're pretty used to making people nervous) ( I'm guilty of doing the same thing, and did my share of nervous making).

I had caulked mine top and bottom, so I hooked up my house water, and ran my shower all over the stall walls until my grey tank was full. I paid attention to the little wall anchors, the bottom seam, faucet area etc.

No problems so far, though no one was in the shower. I was just spraying it.

Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #362

27RLWS

It's located four miles east of highway 66 on highway 139 in Dandridge, Tennessee on Douglas Lake. Take exit 407 off of I-40. It's a public CG. Here is their web site:
http://www.anchordownrvresort.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilscreekw View Post
I had caulked mine top and bottom, so I hooked up my house water, and ran my shower all over the stall walls until my grey tank was full. I paid attention to the little wall anchors, the bottom seam, faucet area etc.

No problems so far, though no one was in the shower. I was just spraying it.
Wow - 37 gallons of water test?! A little bit of overkill usually does not hurt!

Glad to hear that the (un-caulked, I presume) wall anchors did not pose a problem, so I won't give caulking them another thought. I might caulk the top of the liner just for "completeness".
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
It's located four miles east of highway 66 on highway 139 in Dandridge, Tennessee on Douglas Lake. Take exit 407 off of I-40. It's a public CG. Here is their web site:
New RV Resort, Breathtaking Views, Fireplaces, BathHouse, STAY WITH US

Thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #365

we just ordered a 27RLWS last week. Looking forward to this floorplan. DH had been 'warned' if I saw a floor plan like this (which we had only seen in 5th wheels), we might have to think about an upgrade. Bittersweet about selling our 2002 TT.....lots of memories with that one. We should get the new one in mid-August, and hope to get in some fall camping. It's nice knowing this forum is specific to the floorplan. We've read through all the comments and appreciate the heads up on a few things.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashel29 View Post
we just ordered a 27RLWS last week. Looking forward to this floorplan. DH had been 'warned' if I saw a floor plan like this (which we had only seen in 5th wheels), we might have to think about an upgrade. Bittersweet about selling our 2002 TT.....lots of memories with that one. We should get the new one in mid-August, and hope to get in some fall camping. It's nice knowing this forum is specific to the floorplan. We've read through all the comments and appreciate the heads up on a few things.
I hear you! We have had quite a few RV's through the years and are very picky about what we want and this floor plan fills about every square. Would probably need a 40 footer to fill every square. While we have only used it one weekend so far, we are extremely happy with it. It is a very comfortable floor plan.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #367

Even with the few issues we have had with ours, it's by far a great TT. These issues will get corrected by the dealer (or me) and we're off to the next CG. We love the floor plan and even looked at the fifth wheel version of it and still liked it better. Takes no time to book up and disconnect and pulls very well behind the "Ram" 2500. I keep a lot of everyday stuff (chairs, BBQ, extra propane tank [1lbs] and table in the bed of the truck. Easy up goes in the hallway of the TT. The a/c will blow a little snow (styrofoam) for a few times from the ceiling but it cranked all weekend with no problems. The refrigerator, microwave work great. Water heater heats the water. Tv, when we watch it works. Slides work great. Roof is sound. Awning is great. What more could you ask for? Aside for my few issues I guess but every TT is going to have a few. Ours was made on my birthday so it was a deal from the start. Good luck with your new 27RLWS and let us know how everything went.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #368

one question........Has everyone kept the 'auto'-opening main door on the pneumatic, or has anyone switched it out for the regular hook behind the door? We see advantages of both. Just wondering what others have done.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #369

At first we didn't like the door opener but love it now. I don't see changing it any time soon either. It does make it easy to find the door when closing it and easy to open with your hands full of breakfast/dinner stuff. Just pop the latch and the door opens.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #370

I too still use the door damper.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote