Old 07-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #371

Me too. We like it, didn't think we would. One thing I want to work on though is the screen door. On our last motorhome you could open the screen door from the inside by just giving it a smack with your hand. I don't know if it was designed that way or not but that was really nice! It had a solid plastic slider instead of the screen slider though to hit to open the door. Really more convenient than sliding the screen open to access the handle.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 AM   #372

[QUOTE=Slympicins;653721 Ours was made on my birthday so it was a deal from the start. Good luck with your new 27RLWS and let us know how everything went. [/QUOTE]

When I crossed the border (and started the hoop jumping) I was also surprised to find mine was built on my birthday as well.

Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #373

27RLWS

Well my TT is back at the dealer again. Have a shower leak, caulking around the A/C cover in the kitchen fell off and the axle issue again. Spoke with the owner of the dealership and they are with me on the Torflex axle replacement as is Dexter themselves. Now I will see how long it takes to get all this done. I have a few weeks down time so they have time to,play with it. Planning a trip to Norfolk Virginia at the end of August so it should be done. I will let ya'll know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #374

Had a great weekend in the 27rlws with our adult kids and son in law. Five of us very comfortable in this trailer, air bed got positive reviews as did U dinette. Finished the last two items on my to do list today. Installed a couple of vent covers and removed the water filter. I couldn't imagine how it could possibly unscrew itself as people reported until I took it apart and saw the threads! I couldn't even guess at what the thread pitch would be, maybe I/2 thread per inch! And the little plastic nubs that are supposed to keep it from unscrewing are only going to last a couple canister removals at most! But I do like having a filter so I got one of those Camping World filter stands and hose fittings so I can connect it up outside where it probably belongs. So far so good.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #375
chicagoslick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
Well my TT is back at the dealer again. Have a shower leak, caulking around the A/C cover in the kitchen fell off and the axle issue again. Spoke with the owner of the dealership and they are with me on the Torflex axle replacement as is Dexter themselves. Now I will see how long it takes to get all this done. I have a few weeks down time so they have time to,play with it. Planning a trip to Norfolk Virginia at the end of August so it should be done. I will let ya'll know how it turns out.

Best of luck...keep everyone posted...

Gary, Tonia, Baile, Summer and Otis our Boston T.
Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Pkg
2015 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 Max Tow 3.5EB, 3.55
Equalizer 4 WDH, 1,200 / 12,000Lbs
chicagoslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post

I am sure you explored this but would like to know if you considered adding some money and getting heavier duty axles as these axles are just right there on weight for this trailer. It would be interesting if you did have this discussion with Dexter and what they said. Thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #377

27RLWS

Haven't really explored that option with Dexter but did ponder why they didn't use 4000 pound axles. However, after I weighed the TT, it only weighed in at 6650 with all my stuff in it which leaves me a 900 pound margin of error. I'm sure a stiffer axle (4000) would make for a rougher suspension. We all want to steer clear of that happening. Spoke with the dealer again today (just happened to drop by). We talked about the axles and how he wanted to make sure FR covers the costs. Basically I said they we both know they are going to get replaced, it's just a matter of getting started. Dexter said it takes two days to build and two days to ship so we are talking a week. The sooner he gets on the phone with Dexter, the sooner they can be sitting on the shop floor for all to stare at.

The dealer has three 27RLWS TT on the repair lot, including ours. Not the same issues with either though. Sadly enough, the other two had self inflicted damage. One hit something and blew off the skirting in front of the steps. Seems they took out the steps too. The other one? Well it seems someone backed into one of the slides and buggered it up. Ouch!!! So, they think ours is easier than the other two. I should know something in a day or two. I will post all the information.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #378
Incheon, S. Korea

The 4,000 lb axles won't affect the ride that much. I would do it as they will absorb hard hits a lot better.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #379

Here are a couple of pics from our tight fit over Fourth of July weekend. This is at O'Bannon Woods State Park in southern Indiana. It was a pain in the ass getting it backed in and positioned so that we were able to open all of the slides. This park is older and was clearly made before rigs had these huge slides.

We had to access that dinette storage from inside, as the outside door was blocked by the tree. I had to bring the slide in a couple of clicks (without flipping the seal) to keep it off the tree. Just to be safe, only the two year old and my light-weight wife were allowed to sit on the dinette.

Good thing we didn't need to use the outside shower...

Old 07-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #380

Great positioning. I could see the frustration getting it in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums