Old 09-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #471
chicagoslick

Ours started leaking the second trip out. No holes, bad seam seal from manufacturer. Still need to check with dealer on whether this is covered under warranty...a regular pull out bed with mattress would probably be best...

Gary, Tonia, Baile, Summer and Otis our Boston T.
Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Pkg
2015 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 Max Tow 3.5EB, 3.55
Equalizer 4 WDH, 1,200 / 12,000Lbs
chicagoslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #472

We have used the air bed NUMEROUS times this season. Was not too wild about it at the start, but had no complaints from in-laws, and it sets up and inflates real fast. I've slept on a couple of sofa beds in other campers which were not as comfortable.

I believe there is 2 years warranty on the mattress. We did see the same one at Walmart Grand Forks ND for $89, so when it goes, that is what we'll do.

I did put a 2 x 6 cut to the same width as the slide opening to keep the sofa from rubbing against the wall while travelling after getting one scrape on the panelling.

Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #473
chicagoslick

When we used ours it was easy to setup and was comfortable...We ended up buying an air mattress while we were out last time to have as a backup up....

Gary, Tonia, Baile, Summer and Otis our Boston T.
Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Pkg
2015 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 Max Tow 3.5EB, 3.55
Equalizer 4 WDH, 1,200 / 12,000Lbs
chicagoslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilscreekw View Post
We have used the air bed NUMEROUS times this season. Was not too wild about it at the start, but had no complaints from in-laws, and it sets up and inflates real fast. I've slept on a couple of sofa beds in other campers which were not as comfortable.

I believe there is 2 years warranty on the mattress. We did see the same one at Walmart Grand Forks ND for $89, so when it goes, that is what we'll do.

I did put a 2 x 6 cut to the same width as the slide opening to keep the sofa from rubbing against the wall while travelling after getting one scrape on the panelling.
So if we do end up with one it looks like the good news is that should it break post waranty they are a something standard so that it can be replaced with an off the shelf mattress.as for your comment re Grand Forks ND, we went through there in our travels with the trailer this summer.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
So if we do end up with one it looks like the good news is that should it break post waranty they are a something standard so that it can be replaced with an off the shelf mattress.as for your comment re Grand Forks ND, we went through there in our travels with the trailer this summer.
I must be losing it a bit ... I can get the jist of the above but I am not sure I understand what you are saying.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoses View Post
I must be losing it a bit ... I can get the jist of the above but I am not sure I understand what you are saying.
Hey Wayne..

I think CCrew is reaffirming what I was trying to explain. The mattress has 2 yrs warranty, and if it fails after 2 years you can go to Walmart and buy a new one for $89.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #477

Thanks. With your explanation and a re-read of the post I see what was being said.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #478

Sorry all. I should have been more clear that I indeed was referring to the air mattress. My dealer seems to think we can specify the sofa we wish on the order for spring delivery of our planned 27RLWS. We will see about that. But I was concerned that should we end up with an air mattress we would not have a problem replacing it post warranty should it start leaking.

To that regard I believe the dealers go to some kind of expo next week. He hopes to come back with new brochures changes to floorplans etc. As well as updates in colors flooring etc for the coming season.

I don't understand when FR makes changes as the 2015's are on the lots but yet he is exited to go to see whats up for the coming season.

Looking forward to an April 1 delivery of a 27RLWS emerald. Getting out in the 2013 Salem Cruise lite 221RBXL this weekend. Not sure if it will be the last time this season but maybe.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe wessling View Post
Hello Canadian Crew

Earlier 2015 models came with the air mattress. We ordered the Rockwood clone 2703ws because of the leather like sofa and the Hickory wood, Metropolitan interior (shades of black and grey). It seems they are making changes to these units on the fly. Can't find the battery disconnect that was under the closet in the bathroom on earlier models. Salesman could not find it either. I recommend doing a thorough PDI. There is a lot to these tt's today. If you have a Rockwood dealer nearby check them out. I was surprised that the weight is now 6467 lbs. Most I've seen were 6311 lbs.

Rockwood 2703ws sitting at the dealer for tweaking
Ford F150 supercab 5.0 3.55 rear end
One of the things that my husband liked about our 2015 27RLWS was that it would have the battery disconnect. When we picked up the TT, he was disappointed that it wasn't there. On the model on the lot.....it was in the bathroom, below the cupboard. He also had the sales guy, and the shop guy check for it. HOWEVER.......once we got it home and he was able to go over everything in close detail, he found it!! Check under the LP tanks. Ours is mounted on the back of the frame, under the tanks. This location made even more sense to him.

Also.........all the models we had looked at before came with the air mattress sofa. Ours does not have the air mattress, and we'll be testing it out this weekend. I'll try to get some pics while we're out.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #480

Couple of winterizing questions??

Well we had a pretty good frost last night, and judging by the weather they are having out west, I had better do the winterizing myself. My dealer can't do it till the 23rd and that might be too late.

Yesterday I opened the low point drain and opened the relief valve in the water heater, and it drained for about half an hour. I replaced the low point drain cap and turned the hot water bypass valves to the bypass position.

I have always winterized my units myself and have never had an issue, but all my previous water heaters have had a drain cock at the bottom to empty the heater.

Question #1 - Do I have to remove the anode plug to finish draining the water heater, or would the low point drain have taken care of that?

Question #2 - What is the water inlet directly next to the outside shower cover (which was never opened till today)?

Question #3 - How much antifreeze do you guys normally need? My last trailer was easily done with two 4 litre jugs, and it had the pump at the right front corner and the bathroom was in the left rear corner with the kitchen in the middle, so the runs to the faucets were pretty long, easily 20'.

The owner's manual is basically useless and tells me nothing.