Old 12-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #531

Just put mine in winter storage this past Saturday and had a small problem.

This is the second year we have stored it with this family. They are farmers and rent out space in their large barn in the winter for RVs and boats. They weren't home when I dropped it off so I left it parked outside the barn. When he was pulling it in with his truck, one of the tires went flat. He said it looks like a sharp rock was lodged in the tread (the drive outside the barn is gravel) and punctured the tire. He offered to put on the spare and take it to a local tire place he knows to have it patched for free.

I told him to just put on the spare and leave it on until I pick it up in a few months. I'll pick it up and have new Maxxis tires put on all the way around, including the spare. These are the original tires, but I never checked the date. We have put about 5,000 miles or so on them and have owned the trailer (a 2013) for about a year and a half. I was already considering replacing the tires anyway before we take a two week trip next summer. I have heard too many horror stories about the "China bombs" and for $500 out the door, I don't see any reason not to put on new Maxxis tires.

This guy has been nothing but honest in my dealings with him, so I do believe the tire failed for whatever reason. He keeps my battery up during the winter and stores my trailer inside for only $70 a month. With the winter we had last year (80+ inches of snow and multiple ice storms), I think it's worth it.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #532

Just picked up my New 27 LRWS on sat, Towed it 400 miles with my 2012 ram 1500 with no problems, have an EZ Lift WDH and Sway bar set up. Put it under the RV Port with 2 inches to spare. Some notable changes, the front is now a molded gel cap with integrated led lights and no Diamond plate, looks Awsome, Kitchen Faucet is different as well, also blue led lights in the fridge, looks very cool.and redesigned interior in the fridge. I will try to upload pics this weekend. Can't wait until memorial day. Also the couch is now a fold out bed instead of the inflable type mattress.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #533
Canadian Member

A molded gel cap on the front? Sounds great but did they delete the front window?

Please post some pictures.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
A molded gel cap on the front? Sounds great but did they delete the front window?

The front window is still there, it is recessed. The LED lights are superior to the front hitch light previously used. I will post pics soon.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #535

Thank's for the news. They are actually good news. We are looking at getting one next year and the inflatable mattress was the only issue my wife had. Waiting for some pictures and congratulations for your new TT.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #536

Would love to see those pics. Looking forward to ordering one soon for spring delivery
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #537

I found this pic on a dealer site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	67086  
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #538

Smile 27RLWS wannabe

I am strongly leaning towards a new 27RLWS Emerald. I believe this layout and size is appealing to us. I have not been aboard this model yet as the closest dealer is about 200 miles away. However, I like what I see and have spent some time garnering info from this group. THANKS ! I currently own a 2007 Sunline Solaris 28' TT (outta business) and it is quality built trailer.

I have noticed a few 27RLWS units (2015) with the molded fiberglass front cap which FR used on some of the Flagstaff Classic units as far back as 2011. Is this new for the 27RLWS? Hope so. I like it.

My concern. I would like to have a small easy chair with ottoman to be used at the end of the kitchen counter instead of the heavy countertop extension. I currently have such a chair in my Sunline and us old people need a little comfort. Just can't see myself enjoying TV from the HAB sofa and/or booth style dinette too often. I think it would be doable when the opposing slides are open. Does anyone know what amount of floor space remains between the slides in the travel mode? That may be the show stopper. Just doing my research.

Thanks for your help.

Harlan in MD
Old 12-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #539

We have a 2014 27RLWS and I have a small recliner that I use at the end of the counter. We have the U-shaped dinette and I just set the recliner in between the seats of the dinette and put the table, top down, on top of the chair and the dinette seats. This works very well and we have had no problems doing this. It seems to travel very well.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #540
New to Forest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post

The molded end cap must be very new. We have a Rockwood 2703WS, which has been identical to the Flagstaff, that came off the line 7/31/14 and it still has the old style front cap.

Grey Nomads, Ron and Sue