We finally replaced the couch! It took some time to make a decision on what to buy. The deciding factor came down to the width of the slide. We went with two recliners purchased from Rooms To Go. Removing the couch was much much easier than anticipated! Turns out the mfr never bolted it to the floor. We slid it forward, removed the back (two cotter pins), pulled the mattress out. Then removed the seat. To do that we lifted the seat from the front and then pushed one side forward until the post slid out of the groove. Then we picked it up and angled it out the door. Too simple!
The new chairs came in assembled. I built them individually inside the trailer.
We will try them out soon!