Old 04-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
Oven Prroblem

Originally Posted by Wmoses View Post
I did a search on this forum on this and did not see a consensus on this issue, so I thought that I would ask again.

When my wife lights the pilot in the oven, she holds the knob in for 15 seconds or so afterwards then proceeds to set the temperature. After some time (which varies) the oven will go out. This happens every time.

Some responses on other threads suggest that the thermocouple (which controls the gas flow) is too far above the pilot flame and that it should be bent downwards. This is easier said than done using one hand as the assembly is quite stiff and not easily bendable (probably a good thing). Another response said that the control module behind the knob for the oven had to be replaced, and yet another said that the whole oven had to be replaced.

I am hesitant to bring the RV to the dealer because of two reasons mainly - RV service is typically backlogged and I bought the RV out of state so the local Flagstaff dealer could be a pain. Just guessing at this time, of course. However, if it does go in I will get them to install a second Fantastic Fan in the living room.

So anyone else have this issue and what was the solution?
Our 27RLWS oven also has this problem. Just go it from the dealer last week. Just another thing to add to the list to be fixed (getting to be a long list). Any way, did you get your's fixed and what did they do to fix it?

2016 Vibe Extreme Lite 315BHK
2006 F150 Supercrew 4x4
zexel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou
Does the burner shut off and not relight?

Normal operation is for the flames to go down (almost off) after the oven reaches the set temperature. When the oven cools below the set temperature, the flames "increase in size."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OVEN 001.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	49685  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #13
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
Our 27RLWS oven also has this problem. Just go it from the dealer last week. Just another thing to add to the list to be fixed (getting to be a long list). Any way, did you get your's fixed and what did they do to fix it?
In the shop now. Diagnosis by the tech - bad temperature control (thermocpuple). Claim has been submitted to FR warranty and they are now waiting on authorization before ordering the part.

According to the dealer this is not normal operation and they have seen it before.
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Edition | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #14
Glad you got that squared away.

Chuck and Joanne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite Classic 27RLWS Emerald
2013 Dodge 2500 4x4 Laramie Crew
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote