Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #1

8280SS vs 8280WS?

Can someone tell me what the "SS" and "WS" stand for? Just recently bought a 08 FR super ultra-lite 8280SS. I was looking thru a 2010 catalog which shows the add-ons you could get. It shows the WS but not the SS so am wondering what the differences are.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #2

I'm guessing the SS stands for super slide or single slide. I have a 2014 model WS and it has two slides. The main slide in the living area plus the wardrobe in the bedroom is on a slide so presume the WS would stand for Wardrobe Slide. Those are my thoughts on the what the difference is. I'm sure someone will advise differently if that's not what it stands for.
2006 Club Car Precedent golf cart
dirtman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman7 View Post
I'm guessing the SS stands for super slide or single slide. I have a 2014 model WS and it has two slides. The main slide in the living area plus the wardrobe in the bedroom is on a slide so presume the WS would stand for Wardrobe Slide. Those are my thoughts on the what the difference is. I'm sure someone will advise differently if that's not what it stands for.
Dirtman your better at explaining those Letters than Most (Dealers/Salesmen)! I hope they don't ask about the #s Next! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman7 View Post
That makes sense. Mine only has a single slide in the living area. In the 2010 catalog it didn't show the "SS" model, only the "WS" model which has the wardrobe slide. I guess they discontinued the "SS" in 09 or 10.

Glad I found an 08, really don't need the wardrobe slide for just me and my dog. She never brings much clothing with her.

Thank you,

Jim
Old 05-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Can someone tell me what the "SS" and "WS" stand for? Just recently bought a 08 FR super ultra-lite 8280SS.
You are going to like that trailer! See sig!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
You are going to like that trailer! See sig!
I haven't had it out yet due to medical reasons but can'\'t Waite! It has plenty of room and a ton of storage. Found a spot I didn't know about yesterday. Did you know the step going up to the bedroom lifts up for storage?

Jim
Old 05-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
I haven't had it out yet due to medical reasons but can'\'t Waite! It has plenty of room and a ton of storage. Found a spot I didn't know about yesterday. Did you know the step going up to the bedroom lifts up for storage?

Jim
Yep. Figured that out pretty quick. If you have the table and chairs check out the hidden storage in the chairs.

Tons of interior storage, I have never used up all the interior storage. And lots of open space in that "great room" layout. Also like the heated mattress.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Yep. Figured that out pretty quick. If you have the table and chairs check out the hidden storage in the chairs.

Tons of interior storage, I have never used up all the interior storage. And lots of open space in that "great room" layout. Also like the heated mattress.
I knew about that from the 05 I had. This one has the benches. I preferred the chairs over the benches but I will live,

I am sure you know about the storage under the sofa. On some you need to lift the cushions to get to it but others have a large drawer that slides out.

I think my trailer has more storage than my house does!

Jim
Old 05-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #9
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
I am sure you know about the storage under the sofa. On some you need to lift the cushions to get to it but others have a large drawer that slides out.
We have the airbed and the drawer arrangement. Drawer is a little flimsy, be careful with it. Couch is pretty comfy.

And you will learn, at least once, to get everything out of the drawer BEFORE you start setting the bed up, as you have to tear the bed back down to get back into the drawer!

"Ummm, Dad, where's my pillow?"

Old 05-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #10

Quote:
We have the airbed and the drawer arrangement. Drawer is a little flimsy, be careful with it. Couch is pretty comfy.

And you will learn, at least once, to get everything out of the drawer BEFORE you start setting the bed up, as you have to tear the bed back down to get back into the drawer!

"Ummm, Dad, where's my pillow?"
LOL! I don't have the air bed or the drawer. Store everything I need in the overhead cabinet or the bench storage drawers. Only thing I put there is the hand crank and the slide locks.

Jim

Tags
280, 8280ws