Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #1

831BHWSS Review

So in a 1 year time frame I went from a Rockwood 8716G to a Flagstaff 27BHWS, to finally an 831BHWSS. Yes I know.. I'm insane, but finally happy

Either way, when I was researching bunkhouse models, this specific model rarely comes up.. and I couldn't figure out why. So after weeks of reading, I've established that it's not 1/2 ton towable.. which makes most people go with a windjammer or one without a wardrobe slide. And the diesel market tends to buy 5th wheels, and not TT's... It's hard to believe how different people are, but I can honestly say, I'm not a 5th wheel guy. I've towed this thing doing 75 on the interstate from PA to VA, to NY, to OH, etc.. and it tows like a dream.. most time I forget it's there. And having a front window is a BIG deal to me.. it makes the inside seem so much less cramped, lit up, etc..

Either way, this is a great unit. Full size bunks in the rear that can actually sleep ADULTS.. full rear entertainment center, kitchen skylight, porcelain toilet, wardrobe slide, large kitchen TV with soundbar and subwoofer under bed, etc.. I couldn't believe the extras these classics come with. And the outdoor kitchen has a grill, stove, fridge, and sink. While it's not the "big" outdoor kitchen most seek, it has everything you need. In my searching I talked to quite a few couples with the "big" kitchen and they said reaching over the stove for sink sucks... the big fridge only held drinks and never was full but took awhile to cool down... they never used a microwave outside... pretty much said it's flashy, but not as practical as they thought. Plus when I camp, everything gets cooked on a grill or stove... if not, it wouldn't be camping to me

Either way, this is a great unit that is built very well. Also has a 9 cubic foot fridge, which is REALLY nice... our 27BHWS was an 8 cubic foot and that extra cubic foot made all the difference in the world. The aluminum steps that fold up inside are very nice, and the auto leveling system makes my life 100X easier. After I lift the TT off my rig, I hit a button and walk away to hook up sewer hoses/etc... Within 2-3 minutes it's done and I"m ready to roll.

So if you are considering one of these, you won't regret it IMO.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #2

I would say you are a Happy Camper! lol
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote