Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbwt View Post
Thus as of right now it is looking as if Forest River is side stepping the problem and placing on the OWNERS!!!!
Hang in there. Don't let 'em off the hook.
Check your pm.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #22

Thankfully my DW is a serious photo bug. I now have found photos of the delamination/water leak as FR states just two weeks after I purchased the TT. Not as pronounced as now but sold as new with the damage already in progress. Too bad I was so new to the whole thing I did not recognize the problem. So much for Dealer prep.
macbwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #23

Here's the scoop. FR will replace the side walls N/C. Plus fix a few things to boot as long as I don't go crazy. I really don't have much else to fix other than this so it should be a very short list, I believe two things is all in total. Now that I have went up and down with this issue I can employ hindsight. Check your TT/RV whatever often as possible. Take photos when you do this. Document with photos!!! My DW saved me on this with her shutter bug habit and had (as I discovered) taken millions (it seems) of photos of the TT plus other things. This helped immensely with my claim. The TT is scheduled to be taken to Indiana on 22 November 2010. I get to use it until the season ends and get it repaired when not in use. So at this point FR is doing a stand up thing and improved my faith in them.
macbwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #24

Congrats!!! Way to hang in there. When your right, your right. Glad that things are working out for you.
I believe you owe your wife a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbwt View Post
Here's the scoop. FR will replace the side walls N/C. Plus fix a few things to boot as long as I don't go crazy. I really don't have much else to fix other than this so it should be a very short list, I believe two things is all in total. Now that I have went up and down with this issue I can employ hindsight. Check your TT/RV whatever often as possible. Take photos when you do this. Document with photos!!! My DW saved me on this with her shutter bug habit and had (as I discovered) taken millions (it seems) of photos of the TT plus other things. This helped immensely with my claim. The TT is scheduled to be taken to Indiana on 22 November 2010. I get to use it until the season ends and get it repaired when not in use. So at this point FR is doing a stand up thing and improved my faith in them.
Glad to hear that things will be taken care of, on their dime!
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008, 831qbss, delamination, flagstaff, forest river