Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

8528 CKWS Fiver

Went to the RV show last weekend and walked away with a 2011 Flagstaff 8528CKWS fifth wheel. I have had it all from a hardtop, 30' travel trailer, 32' Class C motorhome, another hardtop and a just traded 19' Hybrid. First time owner of a fiver and looking foward to my mid April delivery date. Will other owners of this model chime in and give me the low down. It is a new floorplan for 2011 but the same model number as previous years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flagstaff 014.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	4394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flagstaff 005.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	4395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flagstaff 007.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	4396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flagstaff 009.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	4397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flagstaff 010.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	4398  

Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #2

Congrats' on your new 5er, Rugged Brown. We just purchased a 8528 with a rear kitchen. We have the same colors and trim in ours including the ceiling fan. We take delivery in a week. Can't wait to spend our Colorado summer vacation in it. Never had a 5er just pull behinds in my 20 years of camping. This will be a learning experience. Look forward to exchanging quetsion and answers in regards to our Flagstaffs.

2011 Ford F250 XLT
colorado4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
8285ws rockwood

Congrats on your new purchase, I know you will be happy. We just receive ours on the 27 of last month. It has been sitting in our driveway
ever since returning from Ohio where we picked it up. I hope you got the upgrades of awnings over the "bump outs", 15k A/C. Sort of makes it complete. The surround system that is being used is awesome, takes some getting used to in operation?????? Concertone ZX-700 is what is being used.

Again congratulations, "ROCKWOOD OWNERS"
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #4

Fresh Start

Well congradulaions to both of you on your new purchases. We should be picking up our new 8528RKWS next week. I am sure we will all be comparing notes soon. Ruggard Brown where are you located. The picture of it in the snow looks like a mirror of our new trailer on the lot in the snow. Good Luck !!
Wally
wfmdfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN
Congrats on your new purchase, I know you will be happy. We just receive ours on the 27 of last month. It has been sitting in our driveway
ever since returning from Ohio where we picked it up. I hope you got the upgrades of awnings over the "bump outs", 15k A/C. Sort of makes it complete. The surround system that is being used is awesome, takes some getting used to in operation?????? Concertone ZX-700 is what is being used.

Again congratulations, "ROCKWOOD OWNERS"
Well just got the 5er home. In process of getting familiar with everything including the Zx-700. We have the Toshiba HD tv and with the digital antenna the HD shows ,the picture is awesome! Got surround sound going to. The Zx-700 has a SD card slot and have tried to view photos on tv not figured that part yet. Could not get Zx-700 in setup mode,either. I'm sure I'll get it figured out but I welcome any suggestions. Priority now is get it restocked. PS,if you if don't know it(I didn't) there is laundry chute inside bathroom sink cabinet. Now I know why there is a laundry basket in the basement.

2011 Ford F250 XLT
Old 02-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado4me View Post
.... Could not get Zx-700 in setup mode,either. I'm sure I'll get it figured out but I welcome any suggestions...
To enter the SETUP mode you must be DVD Mode. Easiest thing to do is put in a DVD, hit play and let it start. Then hit SETUP.

SETUP screen shows on the TV, not the radio.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields

To enter the SETUP mode you must be DVD Mode. Easiest thing to do is put in a DVD, hit play and let it start. Then hit SETUP.

SETUP screen shows on the TV, not the radio.
Hey thanks. I discovered something that might be beneficial to all . In my 5th wheel- Flagstaff the 32 inch
Toshiba flat screen is on a wall mount that does NOT extend or pull out. You have to take it off the mount by grabbing it at the bottom & sliding up so the 4 pins on the back of the Tv clear the mount holes. If you're connecting a satellite,which I'm doing, you have to get to the tv with out cable on your satellite box. I am going to use HDMI to make that connection. Remounting the tv to the bracket is a SOB,*#*+#, bleep. You get the point. Getting all 4 pins to line up together is not for the faint of heart. The wooden frame surrounding does not help getting your fingers in there. I going try again after getting 90 degree HDMI adapter for the back of the tv so it will lay flatter. Note tried with cable off still had problems with mounting. Your limited on how you handle the tv to mount it back. Maybe two people with tiny/ thin fingers might get it on. I'll report back on installation.

2011 Ford F250 XLT
Old 02-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #8

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
When we got Direct TV. They came in hooked everything up for us in our camper! We were going to do it ourself, but they said they like to hook it up so they know its done right.......they didnt charge us any more, so I said have at it !! Didnt lift a finger! (All we were getting was 2-boxes and the service). Direct TV....Nice !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:58 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Hooking up Direct TV

Lubricate the mount slots and knobs, removes and re-attaches real easy.

The Direct TV box can be hooked up through the two connections in the cabinet below the TV on the left. short cable out to BOX short cable From box back to plate. Don't forget to turn off the ANT amp!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #10

I guess that is what they turned our CKSS into. You lost the fireplace but get a desk and window. That cherry cabinetry is nice, isn't it!
One question, where does the second recliner travel? Do you have to put it upside down on the couch as in the picture?
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #11

Not sure yet where the second recliner will sit when travelling. I haven't taken delivery yet. Can't wait until April 21, but I have too. Hope I made the right decision with Flagstaff. The floorplan is great, i think. Quality looks as good or better than most i've seen in this price range. Wish me luck.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #12

I think you'll be very happy with the Flagstaff. The fit and finish are very good, and a lot better than some other (un-named) manufactureers.
When you do get it home, may I suggest you get some Eternabond tape and cover all of the seams on your roof. Doing it when the roof is clean and the original sealant is still sticky will guarantee a good job, and you'll never have to worry about roof leaks, ever.
I am extremely fussy, and have fixed a lot of things I think they should have done better, but in general, we are extremely pleased with ours. We get a LOT of looks from other campers, and quite a few compliments.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
I guess that is what they turned our CKSS into. You lost the fireplace but get a desk and window. That cherry cabinetry is nice, isn't it!
One question, where does the second recliner travel? Do you have to put it upside down on the couch as in the picture?
Have to look at that. In my RKS my two recliners are side by side with small table between them on wall as you come thru the door.

2011 Ford F250 XLT
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #14

With our CKSS and the new CKWS, there are two opposing slides at the back, so there isn't any room betweeen them to put the chairs. With ours, the recliners are turned sideways up against the rear wall, and there isn't one inch to spare. They could have designed it with a few more inches back there, just another mistake by the geniuses who draw the floor plans.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #15

i like to be able to insert a fireplace in the cabinet in front of/under the television. not sure if that can happen. Will have to measure things up when I get it home. The hitch on the 5er states is a "reese revolution" and it has a sidewinder logo on it (snake). What does that mean?

Tags