Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
NELA

A caution to those who own Flagstaff V-Lites

I posted a thread last week concerning the sleep sofa not staying stationary and the super slide rubbing against the right side cushion face, crimping the material.

I sent an email to Kevin (Flagstaff Rep) yesterday, and he called me today. Thanks Kevin for the very prompt response! I found his number on that very useful list someone posted the other day...the PDF file listing all makes and their Rep. contact numbers. THANKS!

He advised there should be (depending on the VIN number) a strap on the back legs holding the sofa in place. I replied to his email just now, but while checking for the straps (there are none) I found something that worries me.

The left back leg (next to the door) sits down in a hole where there are LOTS of wires coming through. Now I'm concerned those wires will be pinched and shorted out.

I feel certain that Kevin will call me back tomorrow. I'll follow up and share what he advises re the straps and the sofa leg sitting in that hole with the wires.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Pictures?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
NELA

I'll try, when it gets a little darker. I can light it up easier with a flashlight back up under there then.

DH should be home in a couple of hours and I'll get him to help me with it. I'm hoping that lying down flat on my tummy and trying to see how it's sitting in that hole is a skewed visual. He sees better than I do too.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
NELA

Hmmm, second thought, lemme go see what I can do re pictures.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
NELA

Talking

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5970af85.jpg

Above is the left leg down in the hole. See the wires beside it?

Below is the right leg, sitting up on the floor surface, not in the hole, with wires back behind it.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...ps491e653c.jpg

You can tell the left leg is down in the hole due to the beveled bottom of the leg not showing.

Holy smokes look at the dust! Haven't vacuumed all the assembly line debris out from under there.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
NELA

OK, here is what we found:

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...psbc56bfbe.jpg

That is on the passenger side, behind the sofa. In fact, the driver's side looks the same, but the hole was cut closer to the wall so the sofa leg doesn't fall into the hole on that side.

In this picture the sofa leg fell into the bottom right corner of this square hole.

In total there are *seven* penetrations in the two corners behind the sofa and only *three* are sealed with clear calk. (shaking my head)

We have made a temporary fix by moving the wires out of that corner where the sofa leg fell in and placing three layers of *very* thick leather over the hole. The sofa is now back in place and the leather is holding it up out of the hole and no wires are being pinched.

To his credit the service foreman at our dealer called me back after hours when I left a message for him. He says there should never have been a hole left open in the floor *anywhere*. We'll be dropping it off with them as soon as we can.

So far I'm very impressed with the response I've gotten from both the dealer and the factory rep.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
To his credit the service foreman at our dealer called me back after hours when I left a message for him. He says there should never have been a hole left open in the floor *anywhere*. We'll be dropping it off with them as soon as we can.

So far I'm very impressed with the response I've gotten from both the dear and the factory rep.
As you know, we both got our Flagstaffs from the same dealer. I have nothing but good things to say about Bayou Outdoors. Although I have had only one major warranty claim thing happen, they responded well and took care of it faster than scheduled. I strongly feel they will get you fixed up and make you happy.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
As you know, we both got our Flagstaffs from the same dealer. I have nothing but good things to say about Bayou Outdoors. Although I have had only one major warranty claim thing happen, they responded well and took care of it faster than scheduled. I strongly feel they will get you fixed up and make you happy.

Oh I agree! The foreman wanted us there tomorrow to correct the problem. (I'm sure you're familiar with him.) Young guy, but it appears he don't mess around.

I just can't believe what a *mess* that is behind the sofa. Holes in the walls unsealed. Huge (3"X3") holes in the floor unsealed.

NOT acceptable with something bearing a price tag that big. DH and I are now going through it with a magnifying glass. Might as well make a list of every thing before we take it in, *if* there are other things.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
Wanna Be Camper

Our 2011 V-Lite has no holes anywhere in the slide floor and there are a pair of anchors in the floor behind with straps that go over the couch to a single anchor in front that has a V strap that goes to both of the rear straps with quick lock clips on them. Seems someone dropped the ball with yours.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
NELA

Our sofa isn't in a slide. It goes across the back wall of the TT.

The LR slide holds the home theatre style Lay Z Boys recliners and the dining room table/chairs.

I'm sure the wiring had to come up through the floor somewhere, and behind the sofa certainly hides it, but to place it right where the sofa legs sit???? AND they didn't seal off all the other wiring holes in the wall behind there.