Old 07-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #11
Site Team
Just be aware that this solution will not always get you the extra 20A. Many campgrounds have a tree structure in their electrical distribution system. That means that three 30A pedestals are wired through a 100A breaker. That means that if it is hot or cold and you two neighbors are using their 30A and a little from the 20A outlet, there may only be 30A or a little more for you before all three sites are out of electricity.

Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
I would like to place a 120V circuit male plug on the camper for outside cable going to outside 120V post. Wiring from male plug, to placing kitchen 120V female for using 120V appliances like toaster etc without using the main 30A circuit. Has anyone done this? I have seen some threads where some people run the outside wire through the slide out wiper. I wanted something more permanent.
I thought about putting the male plug in a storage door or using a housing similar to that used for the 30A outside cable. If I decide to place a hole on the outside wall going through to inside for plug, how is the best way to cut an outside hole without splitting the outside fiberglass. I am a little nervous about cutting a hole on the outside fiberglass wall.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote