Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #1

Adding Furnace Vents.

My 2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS is a nice comfortable unit. Only real complaint is that there is no furnace vent in the bathroom. Quite a surprise considering that's one place that most everyone would love some heat. Sitting on a cold seat or standing wet and naked in the middle of the bathroom after showering isn't a lot of fun on a chilly morning.

The furnace has a total of two outlets. One in the cabinet just inside the door and another just below and to the right of the refrigerator, next to the outer wall of the bathroom.

Has anyone added ducting and a vent into the bathroom? How many duct ports are on a typical Suburban furnace. Can I add a "home run" duct to feed the bathroom or just put a "Y" in the one that dumps out below the refrigerator.

I haven't torn into anything yet and am just reaching out to see if others have addressed this problem and how. I also want to add some venting to the door covering the water pump and water filter to get some warm air circulation into this compartment during cold weather. The other compartment with the "3 hinge door" has the water heater in it so there is already enough heat in that compartment. Also, what about installing some vent "plugs" to the shower base. The same as are used as siding or soffit vents on houses, again to get some warmer air under the shower pan to keep the P-Trap from freezing.

The belly is well enclosed and insulated and I find that my unit not only has the tank heaters but also elbow heaters so my holding tanks are pretty well handled for freezing weather camping. Just need to address the lat 24" of drain pipe but already have a plan for that.

Any solutions to the bathroom heat issue others have used would be greatly appreciated. Pictures even more appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, vent