Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #1

Air compressor

Wondering what type/size of air compressor would work for us in case tires on travel trailer need air while on the road.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
Always Learning

They're expensive, but you can't beat Viair air compressors. I went with the 450P because I needed to be able to take trailer tires up to 125psi and wanted 100% duty cycle. They have many less expensive models if you don't have the same requirements. The chat feature on their site is awesome for helping to pick the right compressor for your needs.

Here's a full review of mine:
http://learntorv.com/product-review-...ir-compressor/
Old 02-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandm2015 View Post
Wondering what type/size of air compressor would work for us in case tires on travel trailer need air while on the road.
I have this, they make several models but this one works for me.
It is small and portable.

</title> <meta name="description" content="" data-rf-meta-description-tag="product-details-2x-tire-inflator"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, user-scalable=no"> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="i
willykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:58 PM   #4

your choices depend on how much you need for you tires. you didn't mention the psi needed for you tires. the more pressure you need to fewer choices you will have and the more dollars you sill spend. your next choice is whether you need a 12 volt dc compressor or 110 volt ac compressor. if you are on the road do you 110 vac source (ie generator)? if you get a 12 vdc compressor make sure you get connect the compressor to a 12 volt source (battery) and have long enough hoses to reach the tires.

personally we have the viair 450 rv compressor as we need 110psi. it has an extension hose that allows me to connect the compressor to the truck battery and I can extend the hoses to reach the tires.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #5

I carry a 2 gallon air compressor in the tool box of the truck that goes up to 90psi. It takes a few times to fill up if really low but it works fine for me.
Grisham91402 is offline   Reply With Quote