Old 09-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Any coments on Flagstaff 831RLSS

Thinking about the 831RLSS...any comments?

tuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist
Welcome to the FRF!

I have a Rockwood, which is the same as the Flagstaff with different colors and decals. Made by the same people in the same building out of the same stuff. I have had minimal quality issues with my trailer. If a big rock fell on it I'd ask for another one just like it!

As to living with that floor plan or towing that particular unit I can't help with that. But not to worry to much about the quality issue...

Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
I have a Flagstaff 829fkss (29 foot front kitchen super slide) and like it very well. The only dislike is the gray tank for the kitchen is under the super slide, so you have to get on your hands and knees and crawl under to get to the valve.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Smile Flagstaff 831rlss

I have a Flagstaff 831RLSS that I purchased in April of 2008. I have been out 20 nights so far this year. The only issues I have seen so far are that the battery runs down extremely quick, the center speaker in the surround sound system doesn't work at all, and that the queen mattress that comes with it is extremely uncomfortable. The black water tank seems to never be totally empty even when I drive up on boards to tilt it towards the dump.

Having said that, none of those are show stoppers. I really enjoy the trailer and I just need to take care of those little issues my self. I would recommend Walkabout RV if you are in Texas. They have great support and service.
bobby57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
I just joined the FR Forums and saw your post. My DW and I just purchased our first RV, a new Flagstaff Classic Ultra Lite Model 831FLSS. We looked very seriously at the 831RLSS and were then shown a V-Lite model. We realized that we liked the additional bedroom space provided by the second slide-out, but did not like the reduced capacities on the V-Lite (holding tanks, propane tanks, etc.). I went back to the Classic Ultra Lite floorplans and we decided to look at the 831FLSS. Since our TV has about 1200 lb hitch capacity, the additional hitch weight of the FL over the RL was not a concern. Both models also have the BW flush hose hook-up which was a desirable feature. With the Reese dual cam system and Tekonsha P3 brake controller the TT tows very well. The only additional items that we had them add were Fantastic Fans and MaxAir Vents. The additional interior space of the 831 vs 827 model is great and there is not much downside in backing into sites or towing that I can tell due to the added length. I think that you would be very pleased if you decide on the FR Flagstaff 831RLSS.

The TT is a dream come true for both of us! We just returned from our maiden voyage to the NC mountains (trial by fire, as they say) and met the most wonderful people, campers and campground hosts, during our stay. More on all of that in future posts, though. (The two campgrounds were Mama Gerties in Swannanoa and Campfire Lodgings just north of Asheville. Both were great, although Mama Gerties is on the side of a mountain.)

Happy RV'ing and feel free to contact me via PM if you want to discuss live!

2009 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831FLSS

2002 Chevy Duramax 2500HD Diesel Crew Cab
Edge Products Juice w/ Attitude Monitor Performance Chip
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Reese Trunnion Bar Weight Distr Hitch and Dual Cam Sway Control

JCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
I also have the 2008 831RLSS...haven't had any major problems...had a faulty converter right from the replaced with new one...been great since...

Bobby57...I just today replaced the ZX600 stereo with a new once I swapped out at my the center channel didn't work when playing 5.1 sound DVD's...the new one works great so remember...the only time the center speaker will work is when you are playing a DVD that supports 5.1 digital surround sound...

But yes...I love mine...I upgraded from a 2004 Forest River Surveyor 262 and the 831RLSS has SO much more room...I use mine for business travel and am in it on an average of 7-10 nights a month...Just got back from a 3 week 4000 mile trip...and loved every minute of the time on the road!
glalderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
We just picked up a 2009 Flagstaff 831RLBSS on Friday. Same as RLSS except with slide in bedroom. Floor plan is not even on Forest River site yet. Still smells new and has yet to be on its maiden voyage. Initial fit/finish and quality are good. Can't elaborate any more until its field tested.
ClydeFJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
I have the V-lite, and we just love it! I do have issues with the grey and black holding tank size, 25 gal. each, however I am going to rig a small pump and hose set up to the other grey galley sink to have more grey water capacity. The black tank really isn't a problem with it's size, but it's mainly showers that fill the tank quickly. Other than that, a great unit- dual 20 gal. propane tanks is PLENTY, and the space is great! Also, it turns sharper than a conventional pull behind, due to the V- shaped front. Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
Hi! I have also a 2009 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831FLSS, bought last Oct 08, never slept in it yet, last weekend I open the cabinet door under the TV and say my water pump, but the hose attached to it for winterized is only 8 inches??? Do you know why?
Michel Turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #10

We just ordered a 2010 829fkss complete w/atrium slide and power stabilizer jacks. It really looks well built, even better than our Holiday Rambler.

lushs is offline   Reply With Quote