Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
Kasual Kamper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Fairfield County CT
Posts: 1,102
Anyone annoyed about this as much as I am?

We have a 2013 Micro-Lite and are just settling in with it. We are trying to use every nook and cranny efficiently, but one thing that really annoys me is the fact that the 2 cabinet doors on either side of the bed only open 3/4 of the way because they hit the window valances. I tried seeing if I reversed the swing of the door if it would make a difference, but it still hits it.

The valances stick out a good 4 inches from the wall, so I am going to see if I can shorten them. Yes, I suggested taking them off completely, but the wife won't hear of it. It doesn't bother her as much.

So am I alone in this, or do others feel the same way? Anyone come up with a workaround or a fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wardrobe door 1.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	145626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wardrobe door 2.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	145627  
__________________

JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
ljacob2235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 10
I took everyone of mine off. And honestly it made my RV look and feel a little bigger. Then the wife put small command hooks and hung actual curtains. Looks a lot better.
__________________

ljacob2235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:50 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,680
Just take off the valances when she isn't looking. My wife took ours off in phases (in fact, we still have a couple in the kids room that are awaiting the axe).
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
Kasual Kamper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Fairfield County CT
Posts: 1,102
You don't know my wife. She notices e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
You don't know my wife. She notices e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
Reach out to ljacob2235 for some pictures and/or seek out changes on the web that others have done with pictures.

When you have some worth showing to your wife, let the idea grow in her head and ask for her input and soon she will own the idea.

It may take you longer to get there but in the end you will have it resolved. lol...
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
ljacob2235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 10
Red curtain is a black out curtain in the bedroom.

Other picture is over the kitchen table.

You'll see what type of command hooks we used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0696.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	145667Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0698.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	145668Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0699.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	145669
ljacob2235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 15
Those curtain photos look nice. My Solera has valances down the side of the windows as well as on top. I have been unable to stop my cats from using the side valances as scratching posts. They have their own scratching post which remains unused. Curtains could be the answer instead of the frustration of a losing battle with two cats.
jamesarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
ljacob2235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 10
It really makes a difference. Not only that I don't feel like I live in a cheap old motel. Lmfao.
ljacob2235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
We have a 2013 Micro-Lite and are just settling in with it. We are trying to use every nook and cranny efficiently, but one thing that really annoys me is the fact that the 2 cabinet doors on either side of the bed only open 3/4 of the way because they hit the window valances. I tried seeing if I reversed the swing of the door if it would make a difference, but it still hits it.

The valances stick out a good 4 inches from the wall, so I am going to see if I can shorten them. Yes, I suggested taking them off completely, but the wife won't hear of it. It doesn't bother her as much.

So am I alone in this, or do others feel the same way? Anyone come up with a workaround or a fix?
I have the perfect fix for your problem !!!
When you need something from one of those cabinets,,,
Have your wife get it for you !!! Problem Salved !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #10
Dryflycaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern New York
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I have the perfect fix for your problem !!!
When you need something from one of those cabinets,,,
Have your wife get it for you !!! Problem Salved !!!

EXACTLY !

And make sure you put every thing in large plastic boxes that have to be tipped sideways to be removed.
__________________
Ever Wonder ?

_bill


2017 RAM 2500 Cummings Diesel
2017 Forest River Avenger 27DBS
dryflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
jdstrubel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Clear Spring MD
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljacob2235 View Post
Red curtain is a black out curtain in the bedroom.

Other picture is over the kitchen table.

You'll see what type of command hooks we used.

Attachment 145667Attachment 145668Attachment 145669
WOW - THANK YOU for posting these pics... Pictures do speak a 1000 words.... We also like light blocking curtains in our bedroom but I've just made do by using a clothes pin or a clothes pin with a hook on it... but this Red curtain looks like a better option.... a more finished look... I have to say mine looked TACKY now after seeing yours... Great Job!!
__________________
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite - 832IKBS - Diamond Package
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Been an RV owner since 2003
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:45 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
jdstrubel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Clear Spring MD
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I have the perfect fix for your problem !!!
When you need something from one of those cabinets,,,
Have your wife get it for you !!! Problem Salved !!!
Alright now boys.... you need to cut some slack on the DW's... I happen to be one but I have to admit your comments made me chuckle....
__________________
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite - 832IKBS - Diamond Package
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Been an RV owner since 2003
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
You don't know my wife. She notices e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
I could get away with removing these and my wife wouldn't notice. If I used the Credit Card or wrote a check without her prior knowledge, THAT she'd notice.

At the least I think I'd modify the valances so they just barely cleared the blinds. That might be enough to open the door farther.

On my 25BDS I haven't noticed this yet. Am still filling all the other cabinets and closets. Haven't gotten to the bedside ones yet.
__________________
Sami. my Shih-Tsu "Co-Pilot" R.I.P
Politically Incorrect since 1943
"Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
ljacob2235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstrubel View Post
WOW - THANK YOU for posting these pics... Pictures do speak a 1000 words.... We also like light blocking curtains in our bedroom but I've just made do by using a clothes pin or a clothes pin with a hook on it... but this Red curtain looks like a better option.... a more finished look... I have to say mine looked TACKY now after seeing yours... Great Job!!


No problem! Check Walmart. We got the black out curtains and rods from there. The other curtains,
My wife got fabric by the yard. Measured, cut and hemmed them to make curtains. Thank god for crafty wife's. Lmfao.
ljacob2235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:31 AM   #15
Kasual Kamper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Fairfield County CT
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post

At the least I think I'd modify the valances so they just barely cleared the blinds. That might be enough to open the door farther.
I thought that too. I took the valance off completely (when the wife wasn't looking) to see what, if any improvement there was, and determined that it wasn't worth that effort.
__________________
Current: 2013 Flagstaff MicroLite 21DS
Past: 2000 Fleetwood Mallard 19N
TV: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4x4
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:39 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,532
Wow I guess I am lucky my DW could care less if its pretty just as long as it works and is clean...... Its a camper not our home.




__________________

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.


×