Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #1

Anyone have a 8528CKSS ?

We will be picking up our 2011 8528CKSS from the dealer in MN in about 10 days, and are very excited. I checked the forums here and haven't seen any mention of this model. Anyone out there who has one?
We got the atrium slide to light up the interior a bit more, as we have the cherry cabinets. I would have preferred the old Cinnamon interior, as we saw that combination in person and really liked it, but had to settle for the new Sedona colour. Should be fine.
This 5'er is much larger than our previous unit, so should be quite the change!
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #2

to the forum and congrats on the new trailer!

Sorry I can't help with that model. I'm sure your going to enjoy it though.

Good luck and happy camping.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the warm welcome. I also made some changes to our old F250 diesel, adding an exhaust brake and trans control for the mountains. Wasn't an issue with the lighter trailer, but would be marginal with this one. Also finally removed the old flattened downpipe and installed a 3-incher coupled to a 4" stainless system. The truck should handle this 5er like a dream.
I am left to wonder if the CKSS is an uncommon choice, as it is set up mainly for a couple of old farts. )
Old 08-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #4

We got our 8528CKSS home yesterday, what a beautiful unit. Fit and finish is top notch, and everything works 100%. We bought it from Coates RV north of Minneapolis, and they were simply the most helpful and professional rv people I have ever met. I would recommend them for anyone within a thousand miles, they were that good.
We bought the camper sight unseen, just from pictures and the floorplan, but it was more than we imagined, exactly what we were looking for.
We only camped in it for a couple of nights, and we may have small problems pop up down the road, but we love the unit, simple as that!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #5

Got our new fifth home last week. Thought I'd share a couple of pics from the trip home. We love everything about it, the layout, the colours, the way it pulls. Simply awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030331.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	3399   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030330.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	3400  
Old 09-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #6

And a few interior shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030334.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	3405   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030333.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	3406  
Old 09-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #7

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Very nice...........love the interior (outside nice too)!! Nice floor plan . Enjoy !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #8

Thanks. We looked long and hard to find a rear living room fifth that was light enough for our licencing rules (had to stay under 10000 GVWR). The interior isn't quite as red as the photos, and is indeed very appealing. The atrium window option also adds a lot, letting in lots of light to offset the dark interior.
It will be nice on those rainy days!

Tags
8528, flagstaff