Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 08:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Yep, I use mine. Works fine just keep the windows and door shut. Keep the canopy closed.
That's exactly how I use mine. It's not a high end Weber but it does the job for me, my wife, and my daughter when we're camping.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #42

We have the 8329 and the first thing we did was put the grill in the attic, still in the box. It is just easier and safer to use a regular grill. Even though the manual says NOT to use the grill with the awning out people do. Not only is it a fire hazard but the heat can destroy your awning material by making it soft. If you really want to use the grill I would recommend you get one of the bumper mounts that swings away from the trailer. Also, you will fine that where the grill rail is mounted is going to be very high in some campgrounds where your pad slopes down.
6.7 TD Super Crew
"Go Navy"
logspec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #43

I was leary of my outside mounted grill until I actually used it and checked the amount of heat above and behind the grill, after doing that I have had no qualms about using it with the awning out or in. Most of what is in the manual is CYA for the Mfg. Try the grill, do your own testing.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by logspec1 View Post
We have the 8329 and the first thing we did was put the grill in the attic, still in the box. It is just easier and safer to use a regular grill. Even though the manual says NOT to use the grill with the awning out people do. Not only is it a fire hazard but the heat can destroy your awning material by making it soft. If you really want to use the grill I would recommend you get one of the bumper mounts that swings away from the trailer. Also, you will fine that where the grill rail is mounted is going to be very high in some campgrounds where your pad slopes down.
I actually use mine so my opinions are based on real life use. It doesn't get near hot enough up near the awning to do anything to it. Period.

I've been using mine for 5 years and it's been trouble free and very convenient. No extra propane bottles and it's in a very convenient spot to use. I guess if you're camping on a 20 degree incline it might be in an awkward spot but I don't think I'll be camping on a 20 degree incline anytime soon.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane