Old 11-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #61

Backup Camera

Bought a new Surveyor, short style 220RBS, and it is prewired for a Furion camera. I read that for best resolution one should buy the Furion model with 48 in the number instead of 12. Granted more expensive but sales person told me that FR only wires these pre-wired units to the backup feature of your tow vehicle. So would require rewiring the unit but that would also void warranty?? Just read on one string that they are wired to running lights instead. Does anyone know for certain as didn't want to put out the $$ just to test???

Old 11-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnP View Post
You can order directly from furrion.com for $399. I purchased mine from Cedar Creek when my 5th wheel was built for $275. There may be other online dealers that sell cheaper than Furrion.
On another posting a fellow said that he traded the Furion 12 for a Furion 48 that is much better than the one that comes from Forest River. So, if you are going to buy from Furion ask about the upgrade to the 48 model. It supposedly has better reception and less drop outs.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #63

Furrion observation camera
Old 11-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #64

Backup Camera

Thanks for the response. I will check on that. Also my sales person said it was only wired as a backup camera on my 220RBS? Does anyone know how to change that so it also works looking back behind while in drive???
Old 11-09-2015, 12:04 AM   #65

Back up Camera?

When re wired to running lights, the camera is operable whenever lights are on. Mine works perfectly.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:58 AM   #66

good morning, i just purchased a 2016 3875fb a few weeks ago an my wife an i love it. i read your post about the back up camera can you send me some pics with your set up please? i have not found any prewireing on my camper. the only place i can find to put one is on the tag bracket an wire into the tag light. thank you. mike
Old 01-22-2016, 08:34 AM   #67

Smile Backup Camera

Hi there,
Welcome to another pleased forest river buyer. If pre-wired like mine, there is a little black box on the back of TT center top-see attached pic if I did this attachment correct. The box is removed and camera is simple plug and play and synced with dash mount monitor-wired only for backup use-plugged to cig lighter. Wired internally to front 7 pin connector. Another response from an owner is that he afterwards rewired by capturing running lights wiring supposedly accessed behind this black box base plate. This allows operation continuous but you also need the better optics furion camera, additional $100.

If you don't have prewired you can buy different camera mfg., but do pay attention, as you know sometimes a steal of a deal is really not a deal after all. additional concern is of course power of antennae transmission, based on length from back of TT to dash.

ps, waiting for spring to purchase mine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Surveyor-4.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	98136  
Old 01-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #68

Thanks for the response, my 5th wheel don't have that plate on it. The running lights are the small bullet led so no way you get power from them, the only place I see for power is the tag light. The place for the tag is molded into the rear of the unit right in the middle.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #69

Sure. Good look
Old 01-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #70

Yeah, mine was pre wired also. Might be able to pull clearance bullet light off trailer to splice in for power?

Tags
back up camera