Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 09:04 AM   #81

Hi there, I support the purchase of the Furion with #48 in product as being a great little camera. I have put in mine as simple as plug and play and for the present only using as a backup camera as that's how it came wired (2015 new 220RBS), from factory. Looks simple enough to rewire and grab the power circuit from the closely located running lights. Probably will do that. For now I see rear bumper and at least car length plus behind me and there is a switch to activate the backup lines in the monitor when needed.
HappycamperJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #82
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

The monitor for the Furrion '12' model supports 2 cameras. You can for instance have a '12' mounted at the back of the trailer and have another 12 mounted at your hitch. In both cases it would be just for backup and hitch up, not for moving down the highway to see who's back there. The monitor will only show 1 camera at a time (no split screen) and you change from Camera1 to Camera2 at the monitor. Sounds good right? Not!

The Furrion '12' doesn't do close up very well (like if you wanted it at the hitch) because it's a very, wide angle lens. I guess you could mount 2 Furrion 12's, one on each side of your motorhome. I really didn't care for the resolution and performance of the 12s, the Furrion 48 is much better But...the Furrion 48 monitor only supports a single camera (not 2 as in the '12' setup).

If your RV came with a Furrion '12', change it. Call Furrion to request a swap-out. They were doing that for free, I don't know about recently.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #83

One of my coworkers put his iPhone on the back and his wife in the front and face time to see in the back.
Majicdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #84

My coworker puts his iphone on the back and use his wife iPhone and face time to see the back while backing up
Old 05-21-2016, 09:22 PM   #85

You can use you phone face time and look on a not here phone it's low cost but works
Old 05-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majicdoor View Post
You can use you phone face time and look on a not here phone it's low cost but works

Good idea, daylight only and a very small field of view.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #87

Furrion 48 question

Hi,
I hesitate to ask this question since there is probably a very simple answer, but here goes.

We just picked up our new Coachmen 192RBS and I had the dealer install the furrion model 48.

This is the first backup/observation camera I have used. On the way home I really wasn't paying much attention to the camera but once I did I noticed the image on the display was upside down (turning the display unit upside down fixed that but it shouldn't require that) but the objects were reversed, (cars passing on the left were showing on the right side of the display.

Honestly I haven't had a lot of time to look into this but having zero experience with these systems I thought someone might be able to set me straight as what to expect. From all appearances the camera is mounted properly.

Thanks
Tim
Ohio192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #88

These are just setup changes your installer should have performed. Easy to do, just follow the instructions or YouTube "Furrion Observation Camera Install"
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #89
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio192 View Post
Hi,
I hesitate to ask this question since there is probably a very simple answer, but here goes.

We just picked up our new Coachmen 192RBS and I had the dealer install the furrion model 48.

This is the first backup/observation camera I have used. On the way home I really wasn't paying much attention to the camera but once I did I noticed the image on the display was upside down (turning the display unit upside down fixed that but it shouldn't require that) but the objects were reversed, (cars passing on the left were showing on the right side of the display.

Honestly I haven't had a lot of time to look into this but having zero experience with these systems I thought someone might be able to set me straight as what to expect. From all appearances the camera is mounted properly.

Thanks
Tim
Choose Menu on the monitor and then scroll to the symbol for image reverse.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:55 AM   #90

Installing the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL on our 2017 Sandpiper 377FLIK tomorrow. I'll post my impression and experience. I was hesitant about wireless since our rig is 42' but Furrion assured me there would be no problem with this model. Keeping my fingers crossed.
spencer451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:00 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer451 View Post
Installing the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL on our 2017 Sandpiper 377FLIK tomorrow. I'll post my impression and experience. I was hesitant about wireless since our rig is 42' but Furrion assured me there would be no problem with this model. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Let us know! wireless can be tricky....
RV_Fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #92

Easy Install

Set up was a snap. The monitor power cord has a "Y" on it so you just plug in the camera and monitor and pair them first (should already come paired from the factory). For camera installation I first a put a fuse into the RV pigtail top two slots to get the running lights to come on using the RV battery, then I just removed the rear center running light, clipped the wires and tied the camera red wire into the RV Green and camera black into the RV white wires and had power (you can tell the camera has power by a blue light on the front of the camera. Next used the camera backing plate to mark and drill holes for mounting, plugged in the camera and attached with backing plate to RV. My rig is 42' so I was worried about range but I had full bars when I pulled up front, I then started to pull away from the RV and got probably 150' away before I started to lose signal from the camera. Really pleased with this unit.
spencer451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer451 View Post
Set up was a snap. The monitor power cord has a "Y" on it so you just plug in the camera and monitor and pair them first (should already come paired from the factory). For camera installation I first a put a fuse into the RV pigtail top two slots to get the running lights to come on using the RV battery, then I just removed the rear center running light, clipped the wires and tied the camera red wire into the RV Green and camera black into the RV white wires and had power (you can tell the camera has power by a blue light on the front of the camera. Next used the camera backing plate to mark and drill holes for mounting, plugged in the camera and attached with backing plate to RV. My rig is 42' so I was worried about range but I had full bars when I pulled up front, I then started to pull away from the RV and got probably 150' away before I started to lose signal from the camera. Really pleased with this unit.
Great!
RV_Fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #94

Thumbs up USB Adapter for Furrion Camera

I was pretty frustrated that my Furrion camera system could only be used in my vehicle because I do not have a 12V cigarette power outlet in my CC 311RL. I even have a camera over the door which is only useful if I'm parked, why wouldnt they supply a USB adapter? Furrion does not have an official USB adapter, but I did find one on Amazon that actually works: https://amzn.to/3hUeIbs Now I can see all around my RV when the blackout shades are drawn.
George and Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera