Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #1

BAL Replacement Arm/Leg

Good day! On a recent trip home I pulled into a gas station and heard/felt a stabilizer foot grab hold of the concrete and skid. It wasn't until I got home when I realized the extent of the damage. The whole threaded rod is bent now as is the channel that it sits in along with the pad. As I've determined so far my rig, a 2016 Flagstaff 27BEWS, has the BAL 21100005 system installed consisting of the 2 arm/leg assemblies and the center channel with the two 12v motors to run them. While BAL's website has the individual pieces for the arm/leg assemblies, I'd rather just get the whole thing already put together. I've looked up the individual part numbers that make up the arms/legs and found that they match up to another product they have, model 23325 which appear to me to be the identical assembly. BAL, however, has initially said this won't work. But all of the part numbers to this assembly are identical to my assembled arm/leg. It seems to me that I should be able to put the threaded rod to the 12v motor adapter I'd be good to go. Can anyone here shed light onto my situation and confirm that these legs can be used in this manner or not? They're only $80 (plus another $15 for the pads if needed)...much better than over $300 for the entire assembly which I don't need (motors and center channel etc).
Old 10-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #2

I messed one up on my Flagstaff when I forgot to raise one before i left the house one day. Mine folded up pretty bad. I spoke to John Hawkins at BAL and he gave me this part number 23625. It wasn't real expensive but I did have to pay shipping that I felt was a little high. Also had to go to Camping World so they could drop ship it to me. BAL wouldn't sell straight to me. You need to call BAL first. They will tell you what dealer to deal with.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmurph View Post
I messed one up on my Flagstaff when I forgot to raise one before i left the house one day. Mine folded up pretty bad. I spoke to John Hawkins at BAL and he gave me this part number 23625. It wasn't real expensive but I did have to pay shipping that I felt was a little high. Also had to go to Camping World so they could drop ship it to me. BAL wouldn't sell straight to me. You need to call BAL first. They will tell you what dealer to deal with.

Thanks for that BigMurph! I called BAL this morning and spoke with someone there who really didn't strike me as someone with a lot of knowledge on the subject. I even wrote back to them that I'd seen the PDF breakdown of the full system as they said I'd need to buy the individual parts. But seeing as how the part numbers I have match exactly to the part numbers in the individual jack I'm inclined to think it will work. I'll try calling and seeing if John still works there maybe! Can't hurt right?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:57 AM   #4

If you watch the BAL videos online, John is the guy in those videos. He told me the part number I got was not something a dealer would know about. That is why they would have to call them. Let me know if you still have problems and I'll look back through my emails and try to find who else I contacted.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:14 PM   #5

Quote:
If you watch the BAL videos online, John is the guy in those videos. He told me the part number I got was not something a dealer would know about. That is why they would have to call them. Let me know if you still have problems and I'll look back through my emails and try to find who else I contacted.

I was able to call BAL and get his phone number. For mine, and for anyone else in the future searching for the same, he said the part number for the system I have is actually 23925. This is a 25" C-Jack ready to work in the 21100005. He said that the reason the 23225 won't work is that the end of the threaded rod is not in the shape necessary for the coupler to slide on to it and so while it would work as a manual option, I'd never be able to connect it to the 12V motor. He mentioned that eventually they will make this change to the threaded rod for the 23225, but they're not there now.

Thanks for all your help BigMurph! You got me exactly what I needed to figure this all out!
Old 10-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #6

When you get your new one can you post the number on the arm? I think that they make a couple different length arms. That may be why we have different numbers. Or maybe they just changed the part number. Were you able to get it from them or do you have to order from someone else?
Old 10-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
When you get your new one can you post the number on the arm? I think that they make a couple different length arms. That may be why we have different numbers. Or maybe they just changed the part number. Were you able to get it from them or do you have to order from someone else?

They do make different lengths. I know that my arm is a 25" so perhaps that is the 25 at the end of the part numbers (23925 and 23225). I'm going to go and try getting it ordered from the local RV dealership where I bought my rig from. Are you talking about the part number on the arm itself?

Tags
replacement