Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #1

Bedroom tv options for 832IKBS

New member here and new Flagstaff owner. Looking to install a second tv in the bedroom. I think I have the backing plate figured out but was wonder what everyone was doing for a tv size. It does not appear there is much room for a decent sized tv?
Thanks and hello from SC.
Rich D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #2

I put something like a 20" in on an adjustable mount arm bracket. Added a Roku for streaming. We barely use the tv but it's still nice to have for a few minutes after you lay down.

Sent from my iPad 7 using Forest River Forums
Old 09-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #3

I've installed several TV's in various RV's we have owned. Usually, I get a 20 inch LED HiDef television with built in DVD player. They are 12 volt (come with converter to run on 110 as well) and are available on E BAY in the $150 range. Cut out a piece of cardboard in the exact size of the TV screen you select. You can then determine where to install your mount so that the cardboard screen replica can swivel, extend or elevate/drop (depending on your mount) conveniently.

Remember, the ratio of screen size to your viewing distance may not require a large screen. Think of it something like this; a 40 inch screen from 10 feet away will appear to be about the same as a 20 inch screen from 5 feet away. In my current Class C, we use an 18 inch screen in the bedroom and its perfectly adequate.

Also, the smaller TVs have very tinny sounding speakers. Investigate upgrading to USB charged battery driven speakers you can plug into the "Headphone Out" jack on the TV. They'll operate 20+ hours on one charge.

Should you be unsure of where to locate framing to which you can attach your mount, EBay also has fibre optic endoscopes for around $12. They operate off your laptop USB port so you can peer inside your walls to determine where to drill for your TV mount.

Best of luck and I'm certain you'll enjoy having another conveniently located TV.
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #4

Thank you for the great tips.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #5

Tv stand

We put a one of those 4x4 shoe shelves just below the window - its a perfect height - comes just to the bottom of the window. Put a 20 inch TV on a stand on top of it. Set it on the bed while moving.
mbuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #6

We do the same thing as mbuk2 - have 33RETS Sabre 5th Wheel. My DH built a little box that we put on the dresser, 19" TV stands on that and it raises it enough to see it from the bed. While traveling it goes on the bed.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #7

Think it's a 19 or 22 that came with min 832 IKBS. And it seems (barely) adequate for in there. but I like having the sat night NASCAR or NFL games on outside when i can. and would love something larger for that.
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #8

We have a 24" in our bedroom, perfect size in my opinion.
No squinting to read the menu

07 Silverado Classic 2500 HD
15 Flagstaff 26fkws Emerald Edition
RiverPeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #9

My bedroom tv solution

I ordered this TV from Walmart: RCA LRK28G30RQD 28" 720p 60Hz LED HDTV/DVD Combo with ROKU Streaming - Walmart.com
It was $239 and is 28" and has a great picture. I like that it has the DVD player and a ROKU stick already built-in.

I mounted it with this bracket that I also ordered from Walmart: @.com Full Motion Wall Mount for 10" to 42" TVs with Tilt and Swivel Articulating Arm and HDMI Cable - Walmart.com
It was $14.88 and is very sturdy.

I did mount the TV on the wall where it was marked that I could mount it. I could tell it was backed with wood and was very solid.
4aggiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #10

Thanks everyone for the information.
Aggiesmon.just wanted to verify that the 28 inch was in a 832Ikbs model.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
bed, roo