Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #1

Best way to clean Alpha Roof?

I have a new 21FBRS by Flag Staff. It has the new Alpha roof which states not to use any petroleum products for cleaning. I parked it under a tree for 4-6 weeks and now it has a black tinted stain. Any suggestions for cleaning?
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:07 AM   #2

Dollar Store (Awsome) 1$! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #3

I would be very cautious about using LA's Totally Awesome on your roof, and would contact the roof material manufacturer first. It may or may not have petroleum products, but that is not the only type of chemical that could degrade the material on your roof.

From what I have read -- and I also have a bottle of the stuff -- it can cause irritation to the lining of the nose and throat suggesting that it is very caustic. How that impacts on the roof membrane is unknown. It is very effective as a degreaser and the stain That you have is not a grease-based one but probably tree sap or something similar, so a different cleaner might be more effective. A common removal agent is rubbing alcohol but again, consult with the manufacturer of the membrane.

This is what the product page has to say:

Quote:
What is LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® made from?
LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® is a blend of water, surfactant (surface-active) agents, color and scent. Surfactant agents lift grease and oil up off of the surface.
LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® is a safe, naturally gentle soap, specially formulated for cleaning a variety of surfaces like floors, furniture, and other household surfaces. And it leaves your home smelling fresh and clean. LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® contains no harsh detergents, ammonia, or bleach.

Why aren't the ingredients listed on the label?
LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® is non-toxic. Therefore, the listing of ingredients on the label is not required by law. LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® unique formula is protected under the US Trade Secrecy Act and has been extensively tested to verify the product's credentials. LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® complies with all current labeling requirements for ingredient disclosure on cleaning products. If you have an allergy, medical reason, or technical reason for wanting to know if LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner ® contains a particular item, please contact us at 800-482-2875 and we will help you as best we can.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #4

Micro Lite Travel Trailers by Forest River
This will get you to Forest River and the link below is a list of all suppliers and their email, phone and webpage.....very helpful info.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/Compon...src=rvcustserv
Toyota Tundra
Old 09-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #5

Forest River said that its OK to walk on a Alpha Roof as long as you do not have hard shoes or use sharp objects in the cleaning process. I got on the roof barefoot and used Spic-Span (recommended) and a long handle medium bristle brush and my roof is white again. Its amazing how slick the Alpha Roof is, water beads and runs right off. Much better than my old Sunline roof.
Toyota Tundra
Old 01-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #6

I just called Alpha and asked the correct way to take care of my new Flagstaff roof. I asked if I needed to use RV roof cleaning and preservative chemical. They said use Murphy's oil soap or Dawn dish detergent only. I asked about the dawn drying it out and she said this is not a worry.
So stubborn stains could be cleaned with Dawn also, correct?
What do y'all think?
Old 01-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #7

I only use Murphy's, it cleans well and removes stains, I wouldn't recommend walking barefoot on a wet soapy (super slick) roof, wear rubber sole shoes
mebeauc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof