Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by biken201 View Post
We just picked up our new 2012 Roo HTT, and our shower drains to the black tank. We were told it helps to keep fluids in the tank and to empty the solids when draining.

And it works!! Many others have suggested we have it changed, but I'll leave it just the way it is. In about 40 trips, I've only used the "blue-boy" once (and probably could have made it one more day)..
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #22

If you check under the trailer where the tanks are you will notice that the sensors that shows empty and the one ( the nest one up) are almost located at the same height which means that specially for the fresh water when it gets to one third full it is next to empty.The same apply for the rest. When the tank start to fill it is registering almost one third right away at the start. I also find that it is very hard to empty the black water completely unless you tilt the trailer to the side of your dumping with a few wood shims placed on the opposite wheels.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #23

Biken 201. I am surprised that the shower is draining in the black tank. My son has a 2012 roo and the shower is draining in the gray tank. The best to find out would be to check under. If you have this set up your black tank will fill very fast if you use the shower quite often.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

The most recent 2012's have some significant differences from the 2012 at the beginning of this spring.

I also have a 2012 Shamrock (Roo) and my shower does not drain into the BW tank. I imagine that, since Biken 201's does drain, the difference is due to the models 2012 vs. 2012 1/2.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #25

At my site this weekend I drained both the BW and the GW tank. I then turned the shower on an left it run. I checked my panel lights and verified that the shower is plumbed into the BW tank. Trailer is level and my gauge was reading 2/3 full in the BW tank. I know I didnt put in 25 gal of water from shower. Is there a way to adjust these sensors on the tanks to get them to read somewhat right?? I was told by the dealer that there is no floats in these tanks. Its mostly on the outside of the tanks.Some kind of pickup sensors. This TT is a 2012 Flagstaff 26rlss with 38 gal BW and GW tanks..
gene2661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #26

I'm surprised Lou hasn't posted his famous tank level post yet. (You are slipping there buddy.)

Here's a recent copy:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post124557

I'm not going to say anything else; read Lou's post and you will see how those sensors work.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I'm surprised Lou hasn't posted his famous tank level post yet. (You are slipping there buddy.)

Here's a recent copy:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post124557

I'm not going to say anything else; read Lou's post and you will see how those sensors work.
I been sick.
Total bed rest for the last week and still coughing up a storm.
"No excuse, Sir!"
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #28
Avo Farmer

Is a 40 gal GW big enough?? How many gallons do most TT's have. A new Rookwood 8315 owner.
MikeDett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #29

Grey Water Tank

40 gallon is standard. When I am hooked to sewer I never have the Grey water tank closed. I let it run directly out. When I am traveling I put in 5 gallons of water or so, laundry soap, water softener and let it slosh around. When I get to my next hook up, I use the tank over night then drain it. Keeps it clean. I also never rely on the sensors. I listen to the black tank when flushing and when it sounds gurgle and may blow a bubble when flushing I dump. Average is 5 days. Grey tanks fill fast from the kitchen due to dishes etc. Leave them open
murph164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #30
Avo Farmer

Murph Thanks for the help. I had to go to my spec sheet and found out I have a 78 gal gray tank and 40 gal black. Now I need to know if the shower drains into the black tank.
MikeDett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph164 View Post
40 gallon is standard. When I am hooked to sewer I never have the Grey water tank closed. I let it run directly out. When I am traveling I put in 5 gallons of water or so, laundry soap, water softener and let it slosh around. When I get to my next hook up, I use the tank over night then drain it. Keeps it clean. I also never rely on the sensors. I listen to the black tank when flushing and when it sounds gurgle and may blow a bubble when flushing I dump. Average is 5 days. Grey tanks fill fast from the kitchen due to dishes etc. Leave them open
I don't know if I would want to see a bubble... sounds like the start of trouble brewing. On the other hand I don't know all that much about the black tank.

The black tank never been full when I dump. I do make sure it's at lease 2/3 full which takes a lot of effort with longer flushing since I camp solo and usually only 2-4 nights. Now the gray tank is another matter - no problem getting that tank filled completely.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote