Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Question Bubbles in outer sheathing

Have a 2009 8528 RKWS. Big 4 to 6 inch bubbles are shoeing up in several ateas on the outer protective sheathing. Indications are that water is leaking in behind the sheathing at caulked areas. Has anyone had similar problems. Called Forrest River. Not sure yet that they will help.

Todd6883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
You are in for big work ahead. You certainly have now delamination issues and the best you can do now is to find where is the culprit ( bad caulking ). If you are willing to lives with these bubbles please seal where the damages has been done and I can imagine that most bubbles are near the windows or luggages opening. If you want a perfect job a new wall replacement is the cure at a price that nobody want to pay. ( very expensive) this is why it is a good practice to check all the caulking around the trailer on a programmed scedule Good luck!

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Question Bubbles in outer sheathing

Thanks for reply. Bubbles are
next to windows and under Refrig vent in back. Forrest River talked like they might be willing to replace the walls but would have to get it to their factory in northern Indiana. They didn't say if they would pay to get it there and I'm in Lake City Fl . They r going to get back to me after Christmas. I was checking caulked joints, but evidently not good enough. It's still not clear where the caulking is leaking. Thanks again. Will post when I hear back from Forrest River
Todd6883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
This is my problem. See "Poor Customer support from Sabre" for my dealings. They (dealer and manufacture) have had our fifth wheel 12 weeks for a 3-4 week repair.
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Diesel 6.6L 2008
Sabre 31REDS 2009
Technical Scuba Diving and Photography
15 years ex-military, Still enjoy the outdoors but not sleeping on the ground.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
When I was at Boeing, a recurring problem on customer test flights was bubbles appearing beneath the outer surfaces of the laminate that covered the overhead stowbins when we did a cabin depressurisation test. Our quiet fix (whch may at least help your appearance problem), was to stick a needle into the laminate to deflate the bubble. In our case, it didn't matter where you stuck it, since air had negligible weight.

In your case, sticking it in at the low point of the bubble will at least let the water out and minimise additional water-related damage.

Take detailed photos, with measuring scales in view and a nearby element to anchor location.

Good luck dealing with the manufacturer.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote