Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #21
fmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Willow View Post
I rarely ever buy from CW. I do use it a lot for product research but will usually buy the product from Amazon or somewhere else. CW's prices are usually the highest.
X2
fmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #22

Took 3 weeks to get a bike that Amazon would have delivered in 2 days. Sale items can be good prices but don't get in a hurry. Customer service is rude and uncaring.
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #23

Amen, same thing with me. I will not darken thier doorstep or website again!
hilitephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #24

Ordered a genny 5 years ago for my one week-a-year we boondock. Received it, put in the oil it was shipped with and filled up with gas. Started and ran fine. Plugge in a drop light...engine stalled. Uplugged restarted, ran fine. Plugged in a portable fan. Engine stalled again. Called CW. They said they can't recieve it back since it now has oil in it and it can't be shipped. I said of course it now has oil in it,otherwise how would I know it doesn't work. They said if I ring it to one of their stores they'll take a look at it. CW..is 2.5 hours away from me. (I ended up dealing directly with the manufacturer who shipped me out a refurb at no charge (I know, it was a refurb and I ordered a new one, but it has worked flawlessly every summe and a few power outages). @nd CW incident. About 3 years ago I ordered a slide out awning. Saw "free Shipping" and 10% off. and jumped on it. Well I ended up paying $80 for shipping charges and no awning.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfarm View Post
I ordered a shower head from camping world online 12 days ago and they have not shipped it yet. I noticed they charged my credit card twice for the transaction so I called customer service to get that straight. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Keep in mind the CEO of this company has a TV show telling other business's how to run their company. Maybe someone needs to show him how to run his. I called yesterday after a 45 minute hold and they said it was sitting there for 3 days waiting for UPS to pick up. What a joke. I won't be ordering from them again. Anyone else have experience ordering online from them?
Never shop camping world to expensive. I buy most everything from Amazon quicker delivery and cheaper prices. e trailer is good place for all towing needs good prices great customer service.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #26

Ordered "On Sale" Items

I recently placed my first online order with Camping World. They are running a big sale on many of the items that I wanted so I jumped in. Every item I selected was listed as "In Stock and Ready To Ship" on their website. I placed the order and my credit card was billed. Every day I received an email from them telling me that all items I had ordered were backordered. After a week, I called the Customer Service line. The gentleman I spoke with informed me that the problem isn't with their website, it's with their warehouse. No other explanation was given. I am now on day 17 and still waiting for a water hose! I too have discovered that all Camping World items are available on Amazon and I've never had a slow shipping problem with them. I would be embarrassed if I was in management at Camping World! I hope they read all of these threads!
HarleyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #27

Smile Camping World vs Amazon

I placed an order with Camping World for a surge protector after checking with both PPL & Amazon. Believe it or not, Camping World had the best price (Internet special) than the others. After checking to see when my order shipped (after 8 days it's status was still "processing") I called their customer service early on a Sunday morning. The very nice guy told me they were short on warehouse personnel but he would speak to his supervisor & see if my order could be expedited after I explained this was a Father's Day gift & that I had ordered this in more than enough time to meet this deadline. Much to my surprise, I received notification the next morning that my order had shipped and it arrived yesterday. Great service after I called.

On the other hand, am still awaiting delivery of an order placed with Amazon that was placed at the same time. Go figure, huh
Sloopie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #28

Update to my post (#15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcasa View Post
I ordered a TireMinder TPMS 3 weeks ago. Got the order confirmation quickly, but still no info yet to date about my goods! Real tired and fed up with holding on the phone and they haven't answered my email. Joined good Sam at the same time and that came thru... They were real fast to charge my credit card! Ready to tell them to keep it... I'll take my business elsewhere... If I could only get any response from them!
After holding for 31 minutes, got a guy named Ethan. He did treat me with respect and seemed like a nice guy. Ethan told me he didn't know why it was "Locked-Up" in the warehouse, but was going to upgrade and expedite the order and get it out in the morning... plus credit me $10. He followed up our conversation with an e-mail. It's 6/18 today... I won't be holding my breath. I've learned my lesson. I'll let this thread know the results when I have any.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #29

Sounds like CW has gone out of business and didn't tell anybody!

Maybe they will have a big sale and not sell anything.

I too have placed an order from CW, recently, and received it in 7-10 business days as promised. From reading all these bad posts and on several other threads here on FRF, I was worried that my order wouldn't be handled properly. I called for several days after not receiving any info on my order and was on hold for 20 mins or more. Tried every phone number I could find for CW and got the same tune "Please hold and the next available agent will be with you in a moment".

So I called GS and got right thru and asked if they had any insight at what was going on with CW. He said they were having major problems with their warehouse and that the Customer Service department is across the hall from him and that they were having a nightmare of calls coming in.

So the next day, sitting at my door was my complete order! No tracking info, nothing. But I got what I had ordered in the time frame I was promised.

I know they are having problems. And they will be straightened out or they won't be in business much longer. If you are dissatisfied with them, you have that right. I usually wait until I can place an order that is over $99 and I will get free shipping. Amazon or is it WM has free shipping on orders over $25? CRS kicking in! But there are even restaurants that I have sworn off because of bad service but the food was good and the price reasonable.

I'm not trying to take up for CW, because they need to get it together. But with Amazon, I don't want those drones delivering my stuff! Let's give'em the benefit of a doubt that they will get it back up and running. If they don't, you can throw them under the bus, that I will be driving!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #30

Not ready for prime time

I have a recent ridiculous experience ordering online from CW. $300 order placed; confirmation of order received, but never a shipping confirmation. 1 week goes by, I emailed them requesting a ship date. To this day (4 weeks later), no response. The shipment showed up after two weeks. If I did have RV plans, this wouldn't be a problem, but this is not acceptable in this online ordering age.

You can just about everything from Amazon, they instantly notify confirmation of order, then shipping confirmation and when you can expect to receive it.
Camping World's online business is trapped in the 1980s!
Mazonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:05 AM   #31

I have not ordered from CW in years. Amazon works for me. I do visit a CW bricks and mortar two or three time a year and when I can see the product I want, make a purchase. Don't have to deal with their "new system" issues.

I would think Marc would be all over this kind of poor service!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:16 AM   #32

I know what you mean got the same story about changing the ordering system and moving from KY to CO still don't have a order #.2 weeks now been the phone for about 2 hours trying to get thru. they better change there ways and soon
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:35 AM   #33

UPDATE, on my earlier post about CW over charging my credit card by $ 20.37.
I received a E-mail from them that they decided to only credit my card $ 15.00 instead on the full $ 20.37. Even there billing department are crooks. I'm done with them never again.
rwmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:49 AM   #34

Need to get a grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfarm View Post
I ordered a shower head from camping world online 12 days ago and they have not shipped it yet. I noticed they charged my credit card twice for the transaction so I called customer service to get that straight. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Keep in mind the CEO of this company has a TV show telling other business's how to run their company. Maybe someone needs to show him how to run his. I called yesterday after a 45 minute hold and they said it was sitting there for 3 days waiting for UPS to pick up. What a joke. I won't be ordering from them again. Anyone else have experience ordering online from them?
I fully understand that you could be upset if your timing and story are correct (and I am sure in your mind it is) But I have been a gold member for years and they have always done my right.

Now lets get something straight CW like ALL company's is not perfect, but if I have had a problem and called them they always made it right. And people like yourself need to understand something very important "CW did not get as big as they are by hurting people, or making bad mistakes over and over" but it is life that mistakes happen, and what makes any company great is how they handle the mistake.

So it would be to your best interest to call them and see what happen and what they will do for you.

Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #35

I have ordered probably 6 to 10 times from CW over the last few months. I would order from someone else, all things equal. Experiences:

1. In almost every order there has been something out of stock, yet they listed it as in stock. The OOS item usually shows up several days or weeks later.

2. When something is out of stock, you will get an email from them with no explanation other than the line item and an "OUT OF STOCK" listing. EVERY DAY for DAYS or WEEKS. When you call, they will say "Out of STOCK. No other info.

3. Their prices are not so attractive that they would be your first choice in most cases.

4. After many years of running a business (Race Car Parts Services and supplies w/web site presence and mail order ) and ordering many things ourselves; It is obvious to me they need some work in this area.

5. No same day order shipments? Next day is acceptable but NOT first class service. If we received an on-line order before about 2PM, it went out that day. That is current mail order standards.

6. I have never had them not fulfill an order (eventually) yet or correct an issue, but in this day and age of efficient logistics, UPS and technology, they are not a number one supplier.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #36
(Dry Huunday)

I had endure the "new system" pains when I placed an order last month. I was even on the phone asking if it had shipped like I was told it would be when the package arrived, in fact the computer still shows it processing. So yea they are having serious computer issues. Remember the CS folks are stuck in the middle of this mess and have no control over it. I started off one call with "I bet you wish you weren't at work today", the girl laughed, thanked me and then proceed to get some solid answers for me. They are having to put up with people screaming and hollering about stuff all day as well as bosses that are stressed. So I keep that in mind, tried to be nice and it paid off.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #37

Amazon Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
I have not ordered from CW in years. Amazon works for me. I do visit a CW bricks and mortar two or three time a year and when I can see the product I want, make a purchase. Don't have to deal with their "new system" issues.

I would think Marc would be all over this kind of poor service!
Same here. I've found everything I need for our trailer on Amazon. Sunday
delivery too!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #38

never had an issue with Camping world orders but then again i havent been shopping for anything in the past 1.5 yrs.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #39

I've ordered items before and had some luck but shipping was slow, backorders etc. Last week went to a CW store on a weekday, was looking for several item's from their sale catalog not one item was in stock including the Good Sam camping guide. Didn't buy a thing.
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #40

Here's the latest from RV.Net to a user who was having a problem placing an order:

Thank you for writing in and my sincere apologies for the trouble. If you could send us a private message with your best contact information, I can have someone reach out. Camping World has invested in a new Online Ordering and Distribution System. Our plan was to install the new system prior to the camping season. Unfortunately, our Programmers encountered challenges that caused a delay of the launch and additional unforeseen challenges during the launch which have caused delays to store shipments and online orders. Our teams are working tirelessly to get the new system working properly and have made great strides. Our Distribution Centers are ready for the season and full of product. Currently, trucks are rolling with product to our Super Center locations. Online orders are being processed and expedited. We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that we are working very hard to correct this situation.

Elizabeth
Marcus Rapid Response Team
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping