Old 06-19-2015, 05:05 AM   #31
I have not ordered from CW in years. Amazon works for me. I do visit a CW bricks and mortar two or three time a year and when I can see the product I want, make a purchase. Don't have to deal with their "new system" issues.

I would think Marc would be all over this kind of poor service!

2013 Flagstaff 8528IKWS, 2006 F-350 6.0L
DickiedooFlagman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:16 AM   #32
I know what you mean got the same story about changing the ordering system and moving from KY to CO still don't have a order #.2 weeks now been the phone for about 2 hours trying to get thru. they better change there ways and soon

wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:35 AM   #33
UPDATE, on my earlier post about CW over charging my credit card by $ 20.37.
I received a E-mail from them that they decided to only credit my card $ 15.00 instead on the full $ 20.37. Even there billing department are crooks. I'm done with them never again.
rwmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:49 AM   #34
Need to get a grip

Originally Posted by scottfarm View Post
I ordered a shower head from camping world online 12 days ago and they have not shipped it yet. I noticed they charged my credit card twice for the transaction so I called customer service to get that straight. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Keep in mind the CEO of this company has a TV show telling other business's how to run their company. Maybe someone needs to show him how to run his. I called yesterday after a 45 minute hold and they said it was sitting there for 3 days waiting for UPS to pick up. What a joke. I won't be ordering from them again. Anyone else have experience ordering online from them?
I fully understand that you could be upset if your timing and story are correct (and I am sure in your mind it is) But I have been a gold member for years and they have always done my right.

Now lets get something straight CW like ALL company's is not perfect, but if I have had a problem and called them they always made it right. And people like yourself need to understand something very important "CW did not get as big as they are by hurting people, or making bad mistakes over and over" but it is life that mistakes happen, and what makes any company great is how they handle the mistake.

So it would be to your best interest to call them and see what happen and what they will do for you.

Happy Camping
2010 Cedar Creek Silverback 35ts
2001 GMC 2500HD w/ Allison & 8.1
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #35
I have ordered probably 6 to 10 times from CW over the last few months. I would order from someone else, all things equal. Experiences:

1. In almost every order there has been something out of stock, yet they listed it as in stock. The OOS item usually shows up several days or weeks later.

2. When something is out of stock, you will get an email from them with no explanation other than the line item and an "OUT OF STOCK" listing. EVERY DAY for DAYS or WEEKS. When you call, they will say "Out of STOCK. No other info.

3. Their prices are not so attractive that they would be your first choice in most cases.

4. After many years of running a business (Race Car Parts Services and supplies w/web site presence and mail order ) and ordering many things ourselves; It is obvious to me they need some work in this area.

5. No same day order shipments? Next day is acceptable but NOT first class service. If we received an on-line order before about 2PM, it went out that day. That is current mail order standards.

6. I have never had them not fulfill an order (eventually) yet or correct an issue, but in this day and age of efficient logistics, UPS and technology, they are not a number one supplier.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #36
(Dry Huunday)
I had endure the "new system" pains when I placed an order last month. I was even on the phone asking if it had shipped like I was told it would be when the package arrived, in fact the computer still shows it processing. So yea they are having serious computer issues. Remember the CS folks are stuck in the middle of this mess and have no control over it. I started off one call with "I bet you wish you weren't at work today", the girl laughed, thanked me and then proceed to get some solid answers for me. They are having to put up with people screaming and hollering about stuff all day as well as bosses that are stressed. So I keep that in mind, tried to be nice and it paid off.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #37
Amazon Prime

Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
I have not ordered from CW in years. Amazon works for me. I do visit a CW bricks and mortar two or three time a year and when I can see the product I want, make a purchase. Don't have to deal with their "new system" issues.

I would think Marc would be all over this kind of poor service!
Same here. I've found everything I need for our trailer on Amazon. Sunday
delivery too!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #38
never had an issue with Camping world orders but then again i havent been shopping for anything in the past 1.5 yrs.
2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #39
I've ordered items before and had some luck but shipping was slow, backorders etc. Last week went to a CW store on a weekday, was looking for several item's from their sale catalog not one item was in stock including the Good Sam camping guide. Didn't buy a thing.
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #40
Here's the latest from RV.Net to a user who was having a problem placing an order:

Thank you for writing in and my sincere apologies for the trouble. If you could send us a private message with your best contact information, I can have someone reach out. Camping World has invested in a new Online Ordering and Distribution System. Our plan was to install the new system prior to the camping season. Unfortunately, our Programmers encountered challenges that caused a delay of the launch and additional unforeseen challenges during the launch which have caused delays to store shipments and online orders. Our teams are working tirelessly to get the new system working properly and have made great strides. Our Distribution Centers are ready for the season and full of product. Currently, trucks are rolling with product to our Super Center locations. Online orders are being processed and expedited. We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that we are working very hard to correct this situation.

Marcus Rapid Response Team

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote