Old 06-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #1

Camping World Online ordering

I ordered a shower head from camping world online 12 days ago and they have not shipped it yet. I noticed they charged my credit card twice for the transaction so I called customer service to get that straight. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Keep in mind the CEO of this company has a TV show telling other business's how to run their company. Maybe someone needs to show him how to run his. I called yesterday after a 45 minute hold and they said it was sitting there for 3 days waiting for UPS to pick up. What a joke. I won't be ordering from them again. Anyone else have experience ordering online from them?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #2

I had a completely different experience.

I ordered some step rugs and a patio rug, after 8 days it hadn't been shipped, was still in processing, I called and waited a long time for an agent. She explained they'd moved to a new order system and it had some problems but she'd make a call to the warehouse and get the order shipped. CW shipped to me that day, next day air, I got it the next day after I called.

Being in the software business I can understand how getting a new system up and running can have issues but I thought by shipping it to me UPS Next Day Air, when all I really asked for when I ordered it was free regular shipping was a good customer service move.

strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #3

I called on day 8 and they told me it was going out that day. 4 days later called back and they said it had been sitting there for 3 days waiting for ups to pick up and could not tell me when it would ship. No next day air for me. I guess I must have been holding my mouth wrong. I was very nice to them on the phone.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
TSB

I waited 3 weeks and called them. Was told the system was down and they would call back. Waited 4 days and called back. They said it had been shipped but they could not find a tracking number that they would call back. I said that is what I was told the last time. About a half hour later they called back and said they could not find a tracking number and I said that is fine cancel my order and put the money back in my account that you took out the day I ordered. Still waiting. I have ordered a lot of stuff through the years and usually get it the same week. They better get it back together!!!
Old 06-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #5

At some point, you have to know when to say when. I think I would order it from Amazon and refuse the CW UPS shipment if it ever arrived.

And frankly, I have had a couple incidents with Amazon as well. . .
Old 06-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

I'm done with Camping World unless I absolutely have to order from them (they're literally the only place that I found the 10' Handihoses).

I ordered 4 hoses- 3 shipped (the 3 that I really wanted). But the 4th, they took 19 days to tell me it was backordered.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #7

I rarely ever buy from CW. I do use it a lot for product research but will usually buy the product from Amazon or somewhere else. CW's prices are usually the highest.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #8

Yes I usually order from PPL motorhomes. They're prices are the best and only $9.95 shipping no matter how heavy. But I got a gift card from camping world and that's why I ordered from them. Camping World charged $14 shipping on 1 shower head. Not only do they rip your ass with their service, they rip it some more with their shipping.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:11 PM   #9

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfarm View Post
I ordered a shower head from camping world online 12 days ago and they have not shipped it yet. I noticed they charged my credit card twice for the transaction so I called customer service to get that straight. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Keep in mind the CEO of this company has a TV show telling other business's how to run their company. Maybe someone needs to show him how to run his. I called yesterday after a 45 minute hold and they said it was sitting there for 3 days waiting for UPS to pick up. What a joke. I won't be ordering from them again. Anyone else have experience ordering online from them?
The EXACT same thing happened to me!!! But I was never able to get thru! I finally emailed them twice and then got a reply 2 days later that the item is backordered! Never again!
Old 06-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to dinda156 Send a message via Skype™ to dinda156
I ordered a satellite dish earlier in the week from campingworld.com. I was on hold for 20 minutes to call and inquire about it's shipping status. At that time the agent informed me that Camping World was changing over it's online order system and the entire endeavor had been a complete disaster. Orders getting lost, shipping delays and a boat load of other issues that no one anticipated are presently occurring.

I cancelled my order, and will order from Amazon to get my order by Father's Day. I asked the CW people to put a notice on their website as a courtesy to customers and GS members of possible shipping delays.

She was very pleasant, apologized and seemed as generally frustrated as I was.

Cheers!

2012 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS
2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
Husky Centerline WDS
dinda156 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping