Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #1

Can I swap out my TV?

Hey all I have a 2007 831bhss and it came with a 15" or 17" flat panel tv(monitor). My question is has anyone swapped out there tv for a new/bigger one? My concern is there is only 2 connections in the back 1 for power and 1 for audio/video. If I was to install a 20/22 inch LCD could I plug it into the regular 110 v outlet and plug in the rca jack from the stereo? I am afraid I would not have the surround sound? Has anyone experienced this and share there experience? What knid or brand did you replace it with? Thanks in advance.

kennithbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Grape Escape

No problem at all. Concertone will give surround sound if you still use it as the tuner. Plug 110v in and RCA jack into input of new tv and set tv input to match RCA input. Otherwise run antenna wire directly to new tv and use TV sound bypassing Concertone unit.

44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Any TV with Audio Output terminals could be used. The TV will plug into the 110 Volt wall outlet and then use an RCA Type cable with Red / White ends. Plug the cable ends into the correct colored ends to the TV Audio Out and the Concertone Audio Input Terminals. Your TV will play through the Surround System in your RV. My system has an Aux. In setting to enable the TV to broadcast through the suround system.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #4

I think I follow you, The tv That I purchase has to have rca(red/white) jacks in the back of it? Plug the tv into the wall(110v) and plug the rca jack in the back of the tv and then plug the opposite end of rca jack into the wallplate then set concertone system to aux? Is this correct? As you can tell I am not very mechanically inclined....but I do have a nice set of tools...lol.
kennithbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennithbk View Post
I think I follow you, The tv That I purchase has to have rca(red/white) jacks in the back of it? Plug the tv into the wall(110v) and plug the rca jack in the back of the tv and then plug the opposite end of rca jack into the wallplate then set concertone system to aux? Is this correct? As you can tell I am not very mechanically inclined....but I do have a nice set of tools...lol.
TV Audio OUT to Concertone Audio IN. Set to Aux.Input and you should be good to go.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #6

Larger tv

I've read some of the replies to this subject because I'm thinking of doing the same. Upgrading from a 15" Monitor to something larger like a 28 or 30". I read where you suggest to plug the tv to a 110 outlet and the RCA jacks to the Concerton. My question is: If plugged into the 110V would I be able to use the TV off the Batteries? I think I know the answer but thought I would ask anyway.
thanks in advance
Manny
TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO4THEROAD View Post
I've read some of the replies to this subject because I'm thinking of doing the same. Upgrading from a 15" Monitor to something larger like a 28 or 30". I read where you suggest to plug the tv to a 110 outlet and the RCA jacks to the Concerton. My question is: If plugged into the 110V would I be able to use the TV off the Batteries? I think I know the answer but thought I would ask anyway.
thanks in advance
Manny
No, the outlets are not powered when not plugged into shore power. In order to do that you need to install an inline Inverter which takes the 12volts of your batteries and inverts it to 110V A/C. However you really need to do some homework about installing these things as you need to have an adequate battery bank to do this right and expect to have any power left over to run the esentials (like the furnace) when you need them.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #8

Thank you so much for your advise. I might have to keep what I have...

Manny
TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Keep in mind, the bigger the TV the more amps it pulls from the Inverter/Battery bank. Having a kick butt AV system in the camper is great, but you will most likely run your generator all day to replace the juice you use watching it at night while dry camping.

If you are a "shore power only" camper, fire away and don't worry about it.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff