Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #1

Can you use a Reese Dual Cam on a Flagstaff V-Lite

Hello,

We just ordered a Flagstafff V-Lite 26WRB. I have a 2006 Chevy 2500HD and we have used a Reese Dual Cam WD hitch on the last few Sunnybrooks that we have owned.

I am being told that the Reese may not work and that I need to use a Equalizer brand hitch. They are saying that it is because there isn't room under the V nose for the snap-up brackets.

Does anyone know if I can use the Reese or if I need to get an Equalizer? I would rather not wait to order a hitch until I get the trailer as there aren't any on any local lots that I can look at. The dealer said that he doesn't know if it will work or not.

I noticed a few of you have them listed in your signatures, but I wanted to confirm that the Reese will work.

Thanks!

rustywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new TT, I have the same trailer and use the Dual Cam set up so it fit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3032738251.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	8402  

Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #3

Hi Coops1,

Thanks for the information and the great photo! How do you like your V-Lite? We are at a disadvantage since no local dealers have ever sold one, nor have one to look at. This will be our first Flagstaff. Have you noticed any advantage to the V front over the conventional TT?

Rustywheels
Old 10-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #4

Hi Rusty

We absolutely love the trailer, we had a lot of fun using it this year. For the most part it's been a very solid trailer with only a few minor issues, as for pulling it it's been very easy and never real notice the semi's passing us. I even think it helps with the gas mileage.

Coop
Old 10-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #5

I have a 30WRKSS. My tow vehicle is the Nissan Titan Double cab with the big tow package. We just returned from a week long trip to the mountains in north Georgia. 3000+ ft elevations my truck pulled the unit very well and in the interstate we cruised at 65 mph with no problems. I use another hitch but attached a second sway bar. We love our camper also, the only problem is...when we look online or go to the camping supply store we leave empty handed. The darn thing comes with every accessory I could ever ask for. As to you question regarding the V nose, I feel that it does little to help with towing or reducing improving my gas mileage. Because of the length of the unit the V nose cuts the wind but the air come back near the rear creating a rolling effect down the side of the unit. I feel much more pull from cars or big rigs along side this trailer that other TTs I have pulled.
brw549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #6

brw549,
Thank you for your response. Appreciate hearing from other V-Lite owners. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new TT. We've been looking for 2 years, and were sort of impressed with what we saw in the Flagstaff. Our previously TT was an 05 Sunnybrook Titan 26CKS, and we loved it. The new 26WRB has a very similar floorplan, advertised weights are approx 700 lb lighter and 120 lighter tongue weight. I'm curious to see if the V-Lite increases our towing mileage at all. My TV is an 06 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, and I've averaged 11.5-13 mpg depending on terrain, winds, etc.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #7

Hi rustywheels! I have had my v lite 30WRLS since 08, and have been using a Reese dual cam since shortly after I bought it. The only problem I've had with the Reese is the noise when turning at low speeds. We love our V lite, and they have made a world of improvements since I bought mine. They are a great unit, I would definitely recommend. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #8

Hi Randy,
Thanks for the reply, I'm familiar with the Reese noise, but its hard to beat the performance and reliabilty of their products, I know that mine has more than 40,000 mi on it with minimal wear and I wanted to use it on this new trailer. Sounds like you really enjoy your V-lite. Ours is to be her the first of Nov. and we are leaving Dec.4th for three months in south Fla. I hope to take a shake down trip before, but I don't know about this WPa. weather????
Rustywheels
Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #9

I recently purchased the Windjammer 3002W (Same as Flagstadd 30Wrkss). My old trailer was 4700 lbs and my new trailer is 7400 loaded down. I would get about 9.2 mpg pulling the old one and I have averaged 10.8 on the 3 trips with the V nose. Part of it is I keep it at 55 and with the old trailer I was more used to it so I would cruise at 65. But for a trailer almost twice the weight to get better MPG is amazing in my book.
mike1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #10

Hi mike1m,
Thank's for the reply, I'm not really a mpg fanatic but it's a nice surprise to see an extra mile or so pop up. I know I notice on my 06 2500HD Duramax/Allison that 62-65mph vs 65-70 mph usually means about 1.5 mpg less with my old tt which weighted approx. the same as yours. I can't wait to see if the new V-lite makes any real difference, it's due in the first week of Nov.