Old 10-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #11
It seems like if you stand next to the car and open blutooth on the phone it should dhow what it's synced too.. I know on my Iphone it will show what my blutooth is synced too. If it shows the phone is synced to the car with ignition off then there you go. If not I would look elsewhere. Just a thought.

Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #12
We had a similar problem on our 2013 Silverado. If we didn't use the vehicle for a day, the battery would drain and the truck would not start. We had an aftermarket in dash head unit installed about a year prior and we had no problems up to that point. The Chevy dealer could find nothing wrong and said it was the head unit. We took it to the installer that did the head unit. They could find nothing wrong with their install and said it was the truck electronics. They did show us that there was a parasitic draw with head head unit totally disconnected. Again, we took it to another Chevy dealer. Again, guess what-nothing wrong.

We thought this was going to be a situation where we had to start the truck every day to make sure the battery was up. At some point, we tuned off the dome lights so they would not go on when the door was open. That solved the problem. So even though the dome lights worked as they should with delay shut off, something in that circuitry was causing parasitic draw. So as Iggy suggested, there may be another cause for the battery drain. It may not be easy to pinpoint.

PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:16 PM   #13
Originally Posted by JR Smith View Post
Just go get the battery load tested.
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
X3. My 2014 Escape did the same thing. I ended up having to jump the thing a couple of times. First time, dealership didn't find anything wrong. Second time happened just as I was taking it in for an oil change, they determined that I had a bad cell in the battery. Replaced under warranty. I ended up getting the oil change for free because it took them over 3 hours to replace the battery and do the oil change.

I will credit the dealership - when the service guy came in to turn the car back, he said "sorry this took way too long, the oil change is on us - no charges today".
S.E. Mich.
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost Screw
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #15
We have 2 2015 Ford Escapes. I don't know if you had the phone or any other device connected to the car while it was not being used. The owners manual says to unplug all devices while the car is off to avoid battery drain.

If I recall correctly the range for bluetooth is 30 feet. Was your neighbor's phone paired with your car? I am wondering if the car would try to connect to a bluetooth device that it was not paired with. Do you have any other blue tooth devices stored in the car?

2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #16
Site Team - Lou
I agree; it sounds like a consistently undercharged battery.

I ran into this when I was in the military. I drove a short distance to work every day (20 minutes) and in the winter, I came in to work in the dark and drove home in the dark.

Every few weeks I needed to put the truck on a charger to bring the battery back up (lights would dim on start was my first clue it was due).

Starting and driving to work with the headlights on was such a high draw that the short drive was not long enough to replace the power used each way.

As the battery capacity and voltage was reduced the rate of capacity decay accelerated until I was left in the driveway on a cold morning.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote